do any of the dewalt radios sound good?

framer

If you already have the Makita/Milwaukee. Have you considered just buying a few batteries on eBay? New or used you could probably get 2 batteries for less than the cost of a new radio.. That also give a you the flexibility of buying tools from that manufacturer in the future if you wanted. Older technology Full size 3.0ah or even smaller 1.5ah compacts can be found for pretty cheap and will give plenty of runtime in a radio

If you already have the Makita/Milwaukee. Have you considered just buying a few batteries on eBay? New or used you could probably get 2 batteries for less than the cost of a new radio.. That also give a you the flexibility of buying tools from that manufacturer in the future if you wanted. Older technology Full size 3.0ah or even smaller 1.5ah compacts can be found for pretty cheap and will give plenty of runtime in a radio

I do a lot of shopping on eBay and get great deals, just be patient and make sure it ships from the US, lots of fraud out there but I've gotten dewalt 5.0 batteries new for 75 bucks.

Milwaukee has some decent sounding radios, my HD was rocking out their high end radio today sounded pretty good.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought the new dewalt radio, and oh my god, this thing really rocks!  seriously, this radio has a ton of bass, and sounds clear even at high volume.  time to get rid of my makita and milwaukee radios. lol

i have to admit to doing something stupid though.  i kept pressing the power button and was wondering why it wouldnt turn on.  i thought i had a bad radio.  i then quickly figured i had to hold the power button to turn it on.  oops!

• Like 3

i just bought the new dewalt radio, and oh my god, this thing really rocks!  seriously, this radio has a ton of bass, and sounds clear even at high volume.  time to get rid of my makita and milwaukee radios. lol

Great to hear this Framer... Being a European tool tester and lets say Dewalt 'Brand Ambassador' in the UK, it sometimes causes people to think that I wax lyrical about products for the sake of it.. Good to hear that your review backs up what I have been saying for a while now..

I can at long last get rid of any competitors Radio form my Van set up in Favour of the Dewalt, which (in my opinion) has got to be the best out in the market place, and will take something truly special from someone else to knock it of it's podium...