What extras do you keep on hand?

JimboS1ice

I will have the say flashlights and electrical tape. Both are always near by and have plenty of them.

I carry quite  bit of tape varieties but I always find myself digging for a flashlight.  Klein makes a non-contact voltage tester with a built in flashlight, ill probably pick one up thats pretty handy to have around.

Jimbo

I carry quite  bit of tape varieties but I always find myself digging for a flashlight.  Klein makes a non-contact voltage tester with a built in flashlight, ill probably pick one up thats pretty handy to have around.

Jimbo

I know most guys recommend the expensive LED lights but I seriously love these little $6 lights that are bright as hell. They're also only $6 so you don't care if you lose one. If you do buy them, I recommend unscrewing the belt clip, dab some superglue in the screw holes then screw it back down. Those screws love to back out or strip, this solves both issues permanently.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VPPERC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=FG53APQ94OYX&coliid=I2MSRY8U17HPXE&psc=1

I know most guys recommend the expensive LED lights but I seriously love these little $6 lights that are bright as hell. They're also only $6 so you don't care if you lose one. If you do buy them, I recommend unscrewing the belt clip, dab some superglue in the screw holes then screw it back down. Those screws love to back out or strip, this solves both issues permanently.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VPPERC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=FG53APQ94OYX&coliid=I2MSRY8U17HPXE&psc=1

Thanks, Ill have to check it out, any specific model you use? or just the 1 mode?

Thanks, Ill have to check it out, any specific model you use? or just the 1 mode?

I have three of the three mode. Basically all of the cheap LED 300-400 lumens flashlights are exactly the same, so you can just find the cheapest one. I have two of those and one Cree, the only difference is a textured versus a smooth button. I'm not sure if that's the cheapest one right now, it was just the one on my watchlist.

It's actually soo bright that I normally use it on the dimmer of the two modes(the third is strobe).

Jimbo

I have seen those and I would find it hand also. But I also like the hammer head screw driver the guys did a review for on. Maybe I just need one of each.

agreed with most of you guys... tape measures, flashlights, and not really by choice, but #2 phillips since they seem to be packaged with everything i buy.

i'll piggyback on the shockwave hate... got caught up buying all kinds of milwaukee product after i fell in love with my m12 and m18s, but holy crap do the shockwave bits suck. they just never seem to grip properly.

Good to know that about Shockwave, been eyeing them but I'll stick with Dewalt bits.

Things I always stay well stocked on are torx bits, crimp caps, 18 gauge wire, wire loom, and self fusing silicone tape. I also keep several magnetic parts trays, I leave them in cars far too often, and my rotabroach cutters, too essential to be without.