mattbaker333

Screw drivers wera insulated kit

Hammer dewalt 16oz

Tick tester the Milwaukee or Klein with the flashlight

Nut drivers wera or Klein

Hex keys eklind or bondus

multi meter fluke clamp true rms

Pliers klien or knipex

I have the knipex linesmans, needle nose, and side cutters, they are sweet! For tounge and groove I'd go with channel locks. Nice for reaming pipe and tough as nails.

Pouch occidental is hands down the best I don't care what you think or say.... Lmao just buy it. For a bag of say veto if money was on trees but you might find like me the klien backpack or Milwaukee backpack works very well for me.

Levels stabilas are nice, I use the Greenlee with the anti dog works nice and is small

For a light I'd get the mini stream light it's 18 bucks and more then enough light for 99% of applications

Jab saw Klein

And that's a good start

By the way, buy a good pair of knee pads!

• Like 1

Nothing really to add to here. I think everyone has given some great suggestions.

Here is the electricians tool list that was given to me. You will notice everything is Klein haha. 

REQUIRED:

Phillips screw driver 4” No. 2 tip – Klein #603-4

Slotted screw driver 4” ¼” tip- Klein #600-4

Side cutting pliers (Lineman) 9”- Klein #D213 – 9NE

Diagonal cutter 8” - Klein # D228 - 8

Long noses pliers w/ cutter 6” - Klein # D203-6

Long nose all purpose cutter - Klein #1010

Knife - Klein #1550 – 24 or utility knife (any brand)

Level 9” - Klein # 931 – 9RE

Water pump plier 10” Klein # D502 – 10

Tape rule 25’ - Klein # 918 – 25RE, 1” wide

Wire stripper - Klein # 1004

Neon voltage tester 90 – 250 volts AC/DC - ITT # 19-101, Klein # 69136 ( or equivalent)

Tool pouch - Klein # 5165 and a belt for the pouch

Tool belt Klein #5202m (32 “ - 40” belt width 1 ½”)

Electrical tape - Scotch 3M Super 33+ Vinyl electrical tape

Receptacle circuit tester - Ideal # 61 – 051, for 3 wire outlet, 0.6W, 125 volts ( or equivalent)

Safety glasses

OPTIONAL:

Side cutting pliers (Lineman) - Klein # D2000 – 9 NETP instead of #3 D2000 has a better cutting edge

Straight slot rotary screw driver – Klein # 670 – 6 Speeds up the installation of screws Cordless drill and screwdriver tips

Nooooo the Klein tape measure sucks!!! Fat max 16 or Milwaukee 16

Yup i agree!

I just thought it was funny that everything was Klein.

I like Klein, but I really like Knipex. Channel Lock has some great stuff too. I think the Wiha Insulated screw drivers are a steal. Id rather get a Stabila level over a Klein level.

Besides, a tool bag filled with one brand is boring. I like having different brands

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They are but the tips bend and sometimes I don't catch it so my pipe is off a tad! not a big deal but it gets annoying from time to time.

Yup i have had the same problem with the tips bending. I didnt catch it a few times and its thrown me off. Not to hard to take a linemans to them and staighten it back up but it can be irritating. I like my Milwaukee tape rule, but ive used Stanley tape rulers for so long that i think i like them better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Lots of good advice here. I will second on wera, fluke, knipex all being great brands that I use. As another has said, stabila makes great levels

As for a hammer, I'm going to go out on a limb and reccomend stiletto but only if it will be hanging off your belt all day.. If not go with whatever. The stiletto fm10c sells for around 75 or 80 compared to 30-40 for a nice steel hammer but that extra $40 gets you a great hammer that you won't even feel hanging on your belt. It has great balance and feel and is just a joy yo use! Don't be fooled because its a 10oz hammer. I replaced my 20oz estwing smooth face with this hammer and never once regretted it.

Thanks a lot fellas, I've taken all of your advice and assembled my "starter kit" based on your suggestions. I have a new question, BOOTS? I'm a large man, 6' 5" @ 315# based on everyone's experience, what boots are gonna be the most comfortable for a man my size? I've heard a saying that I tend to agree with it goes something like; when it comes to work boots and your mattress you should spare no expense because if your not in one your in the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot fellas, I've taken all of your advice and assembled my "starter kit" based on your suggestions. I have a new question, BOOTS? I'm a large man, 6' 5" @ 315# based on everyone's experience, what boots are gonna be the most comfortable for a man my size? I've heard a saying that I tend to agree with it goes something like; when it comes to work boots and your mattress you should spare no expense because if your not in one your in the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I walked around on Railroad rocks the size of your fist all day, so good boots were essential. I've always been a Red Wing guy, but they do have a cheaper Chinese selection that isn't worth stealing. The higher priced bots are second to none though. I imagine you'll be working mostly in industrial settings? Probably a lot of grating, stairs, and ladders in your future.

My last three pairs of boots have been Timberland Pro 6" Pit Bosses and I can't say anything bad about them at all.