Always wear your Safety Gear!!

DR99

Damn the guy is lucky he was wearing harness The problem is he didn't have a leg suspension rig being in that position so long cuts off circulation http://www.grainger.com/content/qt-After_the_fall_event-385

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2015/10/07/dramatic-rescue-on-the-ship-channel-bridge/73545774/

True stuff man. As I firefighter dealing with rescues like this is a difficult and timely process. Just because a fire tuck and ambulance arrived on scene doesn't mean they can make the rescue. Many times for something like this, known as a high angle rescue, requires a special team known as technical rescue teams (TRT). Usually TRT is a combined team from different communities and takes time to assemble and get proper equipment. With that in mind don't be afraid to wear your safety equipment, guys make poke fun of you but what is the cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering why his coworkers didn't rescue him. Read this in a different article:

"Other workers tried to pull him up but couldn't do it, so they called 911."

Being rescued by firefighters. How embarrassing. For him and his coworkers.

I had to do aerial rescue when I done my Cs38,39 training. Iv been climbing myself for years until I went for the training Cert but Its a different story rescuing someone out of a tree in a suspended position. It can also happen if your legs, arms etc were pinned against something for a period of time.