Second thoughts on the Milwaukee box

jbw55

I have still been kicking around what tool box combo I want to replace my Craftmans boxes with, and Home Depot didn't make this easier today, Recieved an email indicating there now available on-line for $798 for both pieces. The Homak 72 inch top and bottom box has a great drawer layout for my needs but $2850 with shipping is the tough one to swallow....If I go the Milwaukee route I'm looking at around $1745 for two complete set which includes shipping and deliverd to my home. The Milwaukee sets will give me 92 inches of storage but the bottom box doesn't have the ideal drawer layout for me, it will work though.......Hmmmmmm I thought I was 100% decided but now its like the carrot and the rabbit thing LOL!!, what to do.....

I have still been kicking around what tool box combo I want to replace my Craftmans boxes with, and Home Depot didn't make this easier today, Recieved an email indicating there now available on-line for $798 for both pieces. The Homak 72 inch top and bottom box has a great drawer layout for my needs but $2850 with shipping is the tough one to swallow....If I go the Milwaukee route I'm looking at around $1745 for two complete set which includes shipping and deliverd to my home. The Milwaukee sets will give me 92 inches of storage but the bottom box doesn't have the ideal drawer layout for me, it will work though.......Hmmmmmm I thought I was 100% decided but now its like the carrot and the rabbit thing LOL!!, what to do.....

Just an FYI, my store has the box for $700 and not the $800 listed online. If bought separate online it is only $750, not sure why there is such a variance on their own pricing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think they considered the original $698 a test and hence the "Special Buy" to test the waters. It seems the pricing is still different in some places. It's a great box. I can see it might not be for everyone but for $698, I actually bought both pieces separately to use two $20 coupons to make it $658 essentially for the pair, it's a very good deal in this segment. The box mine came in even had the store tag still on it with the special buy Memorial Day promotion lol:

I think anyone can sign up for a Pro account, I actually have a couple and get multiple emails. These coupon codes are like personal 26 digit codes that expire when used and also come with a week or so expiration date. I like having a pro account just for the emailed digital receipts more than anything, it's so convenient to have a digital record emailed instead of relying on a little slip of paper when needing to keep track of expenses on tons of things for a big project like a house remodel, not to mention HD's receipts have a nasty habit of fading over time.

I think anyone can sign up for a Pro account, I actually have a couple and get multiple emails. These coupon codes are like personal 26 digit codes that expire when used and also come with a week or so expiration date. I like having a pro account just for the emailed digital receipts more than anything, it's so convenient to have a digital record emailed instead of relying on a little slip of paper when needing to keep track of expenses on tons of things for a big project like a house remodel, not to mention HD's receipts have a nasty habit of fading over time.

Cool thanks. I always say no to the emailed receipts. I'll look into it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do they honor that on everything? I was under the impression it was only valid on items that were sold at Menards.

I believe it is everything not on sale or already discounted. Not sure it would work though if there is no Menard's in your area. Just ask at checkout for the rebate form. Some have said they will just deduct it right then. I only did it earlier this month and sent in the form. Haven't heard anything yet. 

I really like the Milwaukee box, but if I got the cash to buy a toolbox I think I would pick the Husky 52" It's a 100 bucks cheaper and bigger. It should last my lifetime I don't abuse things too bad :)

man Jason I've been to HD twice this week and I've stopped to check out that husky it's a sweet box bro freakin huge I like the milwaukee a lot looks awesome but it is out of my price range at the moment.....

I really like the Milwaukee box, but if I got the cash to buy a toolbox I think I would pick the Husky 52" It's a 100 bucks cheaper and bigger. It should last my lifetime I don't abuse things too bad :)

I looked at the Husky too but ultimately bought the Milwaukee Box. Although they look very similar the Milwaukee box seemed a lot more solid. The Caster supports are much thicker, the soft close drawers are really nice, the Milwaukee lid has a handle, and I really like the integrated power strips. I have 2 Milwuakee charges on the side of the box and 2 Ryobi 40v chargers in the lid, it's nice to have everything in one place and charging at the flip of a switch.

I looked at the Husky too but ultimately bought the Milwaukee Box. Although they look very similar the Milwaukee box seemed a lot more solid. The Caster supports are much thicker, the soft close drawers are really nice, the Milwaukee lid has a handle, and I really like the integrated power strips. I have 2 Milwuakee charges on the side of the box and 2 Ryobi 40v chargers in the lid, it's nice to have everything in one place and charging at the flip of a switch.

These are the reasons why I went with the Milwaukee. I was tempted to spend less and get the 41" Husky as the 51" was too big. The benefits of the Milwaukee box justified the extra cost.  

I really like the Milwaukee box too if I could get a good deal on it if they go on clearance I would be all in right away. I'm just thinking if I had to pay full price and my own personal needs I start to think maybe I don't need as heavy duty of a box. I'm not going to be loading it up too crazy and moving it around often. That sort of stuff comes to mind.

I really like the Milwaukee box too if I could get a good deal on it if they go on clearance I would be all in right away. I'm just thinking if I had to pay full price and my own personal needs I start to think maybe I don't need as heavy duty of a box. I'm not going to be loading it up too crazy and moving it around often. That sort of stuff comes to mind.

good points. I am not a tradesman by profession. I look at it as I only want to spend this type of money once. There are trade offs. If you need a bigger box then dont get a smaller one. a 52" wouldnt fit in my garage, 46 and 41 will. I decided to buy bigger as you will always fill it up. Just like a gun safe, I dont own 27 guns but my safe is nearly full.