Makita XNB01Z 18V Brad nailer Reviews?

Marcv76

Works good but is bulky. It does have a very small 'clearance' on the top so you're able to schoot nailes very close to the ceiling / floor ( when held upside down ).

Because the Compressor piston is not on the top like most nailers but next to the magazin the tool is not the best balanced.

So it does what it has to do very good but it's bulky and not the best balanced tool.

Well as my representative has told me: ( Beware because this comes form a makita representative )

Bosch and Dewalt use a mechanical system. A flywheel thats brought up to speed and then strikes the pin to hammer the nail in.  Supposedly these are quite prone to mechanical wear if used alot. It is true that the Bosch 18V nailer was recalled in belgium.  And the Dewalt nailer.. some people love it. others hate it.

The Makita representative said that they basically have a small compressor build into the tool and the motor only drivs a piston to build up pressure. So very much more in line with normal air nailers and it should be better durable then the mechanical flywheel system.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the review, I'm considering buying this brad nailer to go with my 18V lineup but I've seen several reviews where people say that the brad nails don't bed-in all the way in harder wood. Has anyone had this experience? I'm also considering the Ryobi 18V One+ AirStrike Brad Nailer (a lot cheaper than the Makita, but I'd need to buy batteries making it a similar price), but I don't really want to get into another battery platform if I can avoid it.

Thanks for the review, I'm considering buying this brad nailer to go with my 18V lineup but I've seen several reviews where people say that the brad nails don't bed-in all the way in harder wood. Has anyone had this experience? I'm also considering the Ryobi 18V One+ AirStrike Brad Nailer (a lot cheaper than the Makita, but I'd need to buy batteries making it a similar price), but I don't really want to get into another battery platform if I can avoid it.

Welcome to the forum. I don't have the Makita but I do have the Ryobi air strike and like it a lot. I do have the Makita pin and love it.

• Like 1

Yup and check out CPO Ryobi. I bought mine there for a significant savings for the reconditioned unit. Some guys have had problems with CPO but I've bought several tools from them including my awesome Dewalt planer and have never had an issue!