Dewalt 20v 3/8" Impact Wrench

JimboS1ice

Can you do a torque test? Torque bolts with a torque wrench and see if the dewalt will remove. I know a dcf883 will meet its rated torque of 130ft/lbs. I've personally tested it.

Torqued some bolts to 150#s as big as my wrench will go, was able to back them out, this puppy has some power to it.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but it's the compact frame and l8ghtd weight some of us are looking for. I jamb my cordless impact in some tight spaces

Yes I hear that, defiantly look into it but just take a look at the exploded view of the impact and see if the 1/2" could fit, from memory like mentioned above, the only concern I would have is the washer on the head of the anvil but I don't see why you couldn't modify it.

• 5 months later...

Any thoughts on whether this Anvil swapout would work on the DCF887?  I've not had the opportunity to compare the 886 and 887, but they look similar in terms of size?  but I don't have a clue on the internals, they obviously have a speed selector on the 887?  but would there be other internal differences?

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Paul_Delahaye said:

Any thoughts on whether this Anvil swapout would work on the DCF887?  I've not had the opportunity to compare the 886 and 887, but they look similar in terms of size?  but I don't have a clue on the internals, they obviously have a speed selector on the 887?  but would there be other internal differences?

Thoughts?

Being a mechanical part, its just a matter of tolerances inside the anvil housing, the 887 is a tad stouter than the 886, so there is a slight possibility that it may not fit.

• 1 month later...
I don't know why Dewalt has such horrible compact impact wrench choices. When impact drivers and compact impact wrenches are the same tool really.

I ended up selling it for red

Jimbo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

I ended up selling it for red

Jimbo

I can see why. Milwaukee had better offerings. I could understand Dewalt's situation if it was a huge undertaking but 95% of the tool is the same from the impact driver. I think Bosch has a brushless compact impact wrench coming out soon. Makita is also lacking in compact impact wrenches. I think Milwaukee offers it up for the mechanics/pipefitters/people that build crap in factories.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I can see why. Milwaukee had better offerings. I could understand Dewalt's situation if it was a huge undertaking but 95% of the tool is the same from the impact driver. I think Bosch has a brushless compact impact wrench coming out soon. Makita is also lacking in compact impact wrenches. I think Milwaukee offers it up for the mechanics/pipefitters/people that build crap in factories.

Yeah Bosch is coming out with a brushless 12v one and already has out their super dope 18v one that is higher torque than the red one and is just itching to be in my collection if it can beat out the Metabo. I'm just pissed that Kobalt already has announced plans for a brushless grinder and DeWalt has nothing, but that's why my I'm going green with my arsenal.

1 hour ago, Stercorarius said:

Yeah Bosch is coming out with a brushless 12v one and already has out their super dope 18v one that is higher torque than the red one and is just itching to be in my collection if it can beat out the Metabo. I'm just pissed that Kobalt already has announced plans for a brushless grinder and DeWalt has nothing, but that's why my I'm going green with my arsenal.

I didn't know Bosch had a new compact impact wrench, do you have a link?

7 minutes ago, NicholasShetley said:

I didn't know Bosch had a new compact impact wrench, do you have a link?

http://m.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/tools/cordless-tools/impact-wrench/gds-18-v-ec-250.html?sPath=%2FdispatchToProductInCategory.html&defaultWebtrends=true&webtrends=Länderauswahl&webtrends=optional+Sprachauswahl My bad, looks like it has been out a while and the measurements I was looking at was 250nm and I read 250ft/lbs. Still a nice wrench tho.

7 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Its new for us in the States.