BL 18V and BL 2x18V Recipe saws - Now with Official info !

kornomaniac

I've been wanting to get the cordless sander but I know it won't compare to any of my festools.. I really do prefer to sand with the vac attached so I might as well use a festool sander at that point but every now and then I would love the ability to sand cordless.

How is it power wise? Do you have the ets125 or any other 5" ROS sander? How does it compare

I'm telling you guys, the limited tools I have are top of the line. My brushless barrel

Grip, my new 18v sander. The chainsaw and brushless grinder.....wow.

Just got the new paddle switch grinder myself. Feels great, just haven't had the chance to site test it yet, I also second your opinion on the jigsaw, I love mine just the power on/off bugs me sometimes

I've got that sander and like it John. It ain't any of my Festools but I specifically bought if for work outside of my shop on the drive way to get the sharp stuff off before I bring it in for final fit. It's a nice unit, I won't attach it it to my Midi I don't think so I'm not going to find an adapter yet but like my barrel grip it's made in the UK and the co trolls are similar to the jig, push button on off. I really love that jig saw. It ain't my Carvex but that is honestly the second best jig I've ever used. I can see your point Turner but I e been using the Xarvex for about a year and a half so I've gotten used to those controls and the on demand power is just like my Carvex which is awesome. I'm really toying with the Makita XSH03 or the Fuel and still can't make up my mind though. Supposedly the XSH03 has the same adjustable power which is awesome. If this recip comes out soon I'm screwed. Milwaukee or Makita. Love my Makitas!

Is Milwaukee the only company with a brushless reciprocating saw all this time? I never really looked around because the fuel seemed the way to go but it's been out a while and figured there were other brushless ones. I hope the makita is nice enough to make the Fuel even better, nothing's better than competition for the consumer!!! I'm convinced the only reason the 2nd gen Fuel hammer drill is so powerful is because Makita upped them.

Yep Milwaukee were the only ones with a BL circular saw, angle grinder and finally recip saw for quite some time.

With regard to the drill, yes Milwaukee GEN2 was needed to match the Makita/Metabo, but the original FUEL is what made the entire market up their game, and it took the market a LONG time to finally knock it off! THe original FUEL is still one of the best drills around, probably only beaten by the BL Makita, Metabo and GEN2 FUEL..

Also, I totally agree about the weight, that demonstration is totally rigged in favour of the cordless. It has much more weight at the business end by the looks of it.

Honestly they will probably have that test done 800+ times during the stafda trade show  and had to re-hang the weights numeral times etc....

It's very simple: That new Crank design in the BL recipro's give the saw a longer stroke lenght.

For that small diameter pipe the 'power' of the tool hardly matters because that small pipe does not force the Motor inside to slow down.   The longer stroke length is a clear advantage for a recipro saw.

By the time we start sawing up cast iron pipês in bigger diametres, thats when the saw will be 'under stress'.

But the simple reason it is so fast is because of the bigger stroke length.

thanks for the explanation Dominic. I wouldn't have thought these are 'small' pipes though, they look like a decent size, thick walled challenge to me? That pipe would certainly test the power of most cordless recips surely?

Ow :D Well maybe i'm thinking too much of that extreme big Pipe that Diablo Used at stafda to show their new long carbide blade :D

Anyway it's the stroke that does it.   Maybe it's an unfair comparison because the Corded model uses the 'old crank design' with a shorter stroke compared to the 18V Brushless one which has a newer design with a longer stroke.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

any word on release date? i desperately need a cordless recip saw and trying to hold out for the new BL one, any feedback on the current 

XRJ03Z model? 

current one is pretty rubbish, no power. OK for pine studs and not much else.

• 1 month later...

My best friend and I have been using the power tools heavily at work lately. He's knee deep in Makita and I am in the red camp. His brushed recip with 4.0s against my Fuel with 5.0s has him feeling "blue". He's been thinking of jumping camps but this thread has him looking forward to more teal offerings. I must say Makita has been very impressive in the past year.

• 2 weeks later...