BL 18V and BL 2x18V Recipe saws - Now with Official info !

kornomaniac

Looking forward to a 36v (18+18) Makita Recip. I am used to using the Hilti 36v and it kicks the ass of any 18v I have tried. Would be good to add this to the Makita collection, I am due for another Recip so will have to wait a bit longer now until this model is released.

Makita needs to get a little better on their time from announcement of a new tool to product launch. Dewalt and Milwaukee while not perfect seem to be much better at it in general with Bosch being really late at times.

• Like 1

i was just testing these in my shed Friday night (video a week or two away). They are good. But I couldn't find any extra power in the 18x2 than the 18V...

I've heard that it's more of a runtime perk as opposed to power

Just now, JimboS1ice said:

I've heard that it's more of a runtime perk as opposed to power

could well be the case. but how does having two battery packs on your tool make work better rather than using one at a time and throwing the other on charge? I would think the main purpose of 18x2 is to get the benefit of higher voltage tools...

• Like 2

could well be the case. but how does having two battery packs on your tool make work better rather than using one at a time and throwing the other on charge? I would think the main purpose of 18x2 is to get the benefit of higher voltage tools...

That's what I would want for the extra weight and extra cost having to have double the batteries and a dual charger. Silly Makita! Lol if I got double batteries I want double the power!!

• Like 2

Very good point, this is exactly what I would want, it wouldn't make it any more appealing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, dwain said:

i was just testing these in my shed Friday night (video a week or two away). They are good. But I couldn't find any extra power in the 18x2 than the 18V...

How's the power in general.

They've been saying all along that the 18Vx2 was just more runtime so no surprises there, but I'm hoping this give the fuel a run for its money.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bobbyc321 said:

Has anyone heard any updates on release dates for these? I'm wanting to buy one of the 18v models and the last I heard was spring release. We're one month from summer and I'm still waiting to see them for sale!

There available in Oz now. Should hit Europe and the U.S soon

• Like 1

On 5/1/2016 at 1:54 AM, DR99 said:

Makita needs to get a little better on their time from announcement of a new tool to product launch. Dewalt and Milwaukee while not perfect seem to be much better at it in general with Bosch being really late at times.

Yeah weve only been waiting since last Milwaukee symposium for the 9 amp batteries and the sds max ! :P

10 hours ago, danielicrazy said:

Dwain, any chance you're going to make a head to head?

Sorry no. As I only got to borrow the Makita recip saw, a head-to-head looks unlikely...