BL 18V and BL 2x18V Recipe saws - Now with Official info !

kornomaniac

Hmm. Well if it's the noticeably more premium product then it might be worth it then. Still seems like an awkward unit and I'm surprised there isn't noticeably more power to it. 

Oh, and for Hugh, I just watched a video on the FlexVolt recip that states it has a low vibration crank case lol. The 20v Max version product page's only mention of comfort is the rubber overmold lol so maybe it really has been improved. 

17 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Hmm. Well if it's the noticeably more premium product then it might be worth it then. Still seems like an awkward unit and I'm surprised there isn't noticeably more power to it. 

Oh, and for Hugh, I just watched a video on the FlexVolt recip that states it has a low vibration crank case lol. The 20v Max version product page's only mention of comfort is the rubber overmold lol so maybe it really has been improved. 

I like the feel of the 36v better. It's around 7.5mm wider each side compared to the 18v 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

Credit to Kruger construction over on Instagram. Looks like makita 36v smashed them all in a battery over heat test. Longest run time before the over heat protection kicked. The photo tells the story 

Meh, being three years behind the fuel sawzall took them long enough lol!!!... Plus I need real world tests

10 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Meh, being three years behind the fuel sawzall took them long enough lol!!!... Plus I need real world tests

Meh, fuel made in China, makita 36v Japan. Makita have got a hell of lot more tools that smash milwaukee. 3/4 impact, BL hammer drill, dt170 just to name a few.

16 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

The Makita BL dhp481 does out perform the fuel gen 2 :)

I think every decent online comparison review showed that.  Not the biggest margin mind you. But still, the Makita wins for bragging rights.

Same goes for 3/4 fuel and fuel grinder, I've had battery over heating problems 

15 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

Meh, fuel made in China, makita 36v Japan. Makita have got a hell of lot more tools that smash milwaukee. 3/4 impact, BL hammer drill, dt170 just to name a few.

Feel better? I say these things in jest, if you hadn't noticed. Everybody makes Tools in China, even Makita. I know I could not go with DeWalt because any existing batteries I would have for the previous 20 volt line would now no longer work with their new 60 volt reciprocating saw. Makita would be a no-brainer if I had their battery platform already. But I can't wait around for them to come out with a comprable reciprocating saw especially since it vibrates more than the other two saws. I think bremon said it before, we are better off than we have ever been before so any brand you go with Will suit you very well

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bremon said:
9 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Feel better? I say these things in jest, if you hadn't noticed. Everybody makes Tools in China, even Makita. I know I could not go with DeWalt because any existing batteries I would have for the previous 20 volt line would now no longer work with their new 60 volt reciprocating saw. Makita would be a no-brainer if I had their battery platform already. But I can't wait around for them to come out with a comprable reciprocating saw especially since it vibrates more than the other two saws. I think bremon said it before, we are better off than we have ever been before so any brand you go with Will suit you very well

Makita 

10 hours ago, Bremon said:

Why 3/4" impact and not 1/2"? 

I didn't have the fuel high torque 1/2.

I was using makita BL 3/4 and fuel 3/4 on a job a few months ago. I was replacing M30 structural bolts on a steel truss to column connection. I was pushing both really hard, some bolts would need like a minute of reverse impacting, some needed to be cut off with the oxy. Over the space of 20 hours, with on and off uses thought out the day, milwaukee batteries over heated a number of times. Makita only once. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

I agree with you. 

Im aware that most tool are made in China. I was just point out the makita 36v is made in Japan. I've found the vibrations aren't that bad and many factors affect the vibrations, blade type, brand, material being cut, shoe adjustment. 

At this point I'd only be interested in the blade release mechanism (on the Makitas), that might be the only thing I could nitpick about the Fuel

3 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

I didn't have the fuel high torque 1/2.

I was using makita BL 3/4 and fuel 3/4 on a job a few months ago. I was replacing M30 structural bolts on a steel truss to column connection. I was pushing both really hard, some bolts would need like a minute of reverse impacting, some needed to be cut off with the oxy. Over the space of 20 hours, with on and off uses thought out the day, milwaukee batteries over heated a number of times. Makita only once. 

Good to know, the 1/2" are probably a similar story. Seems like Milwaukee batteries are more sensitive and liable to shut themselves down. 

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Good to know, the 1/2" are probably a similar story. Seems like Milwaukee batteries are more sensitive and liable to shut themselves down. 

I agree with 1/2 similar. I found the same thing will milwaukee fuel grinder, battery would over heat and Makita didn't when doing the same task 

You guys do realize your Makita batteries were probably just as hot as the Milwaukee and you were just burning the cells up shortening their lives. Also 3.0 LTX batteries were notorious for early failures even brand new packs due to bad cell monitoring.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DR99 said:

You guys do realize your Makita batteries were probably just as hot as the Milwaukee and you were just burning the cells up shortening their lives. Also 3.0 LTX batteries were notorious for early failures even brand new packs due to bad cell monitoring.

Yes Ive thought that my self. Milwaukee are a sealed battery unit and Makita have drain holes and vents. Maybe they magane heat better ?

I'm sure the vents help with the fan and the fast charging, but that is a lot of thermal mass to cool with no air flow through the pack when its on the tool. Dewalt had an aluminum heat sink on early 2.0ah packs but didn't continue using  it.

• Like 1