BL 18V and BL 2x18V Recipe saws - Now with Official info !

kornomaniac

On 8/19/2016 at 6:17 AM, DR99 said:

You guys do realize your Makita batteries were probably just as hot as the Milwaukee and you were just burning the cells up shortening their lives. Also 3.0 LTX batteries were notorious for early failures even brand new packs due to bad cell monitoring.

There is no ' burning the cells' in any modern cattery pack. Every pack shuts down when it over heats.

And what's the Point of dragging back old issues from years past that have absolutly nothibg to do with current batteries overheating or not ? Milwaukee v18 sucked balls. As did dewalt nano lithium or what was it called again.

I Remember a tool fight video that Javier from toolcraze did between the brushless heavy duty Fuel gen 1 and the first dewalt heavy duty brushless. Drilling holes in a 2 by 4 to test runtimes. The Milwaukee overheated and the dewalt didnt. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bremon said:

Tool pig has a clip up on Instagram claiming x2 has more power. Watching the video he definitely gets through a tougher cut in better time with the x2 unit. 

I saw that, I aslo have a video I did at a makita expo a few weeks ago. It's a similar result as toolpig

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwain said:

i think Makita have (for obvious reasons) handpicked a test that shows a difference between the 18V and 18x2 units. There's always a way to show a tool in good light.

Toolpig on Instagram has a video showing the same result as my video, 36v more powerful. It seems that makita are making  36v model, 18v model in Japan and China 

11 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

Toolpig on Instagram has a video showing the same result as my video

Yeah i saw that posted above? It is a similar test? Are either of them controlled (e.g. not different users)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dwain said:

Yeah i saw that posted above? It is a similar test? Are either of them controlled (e.g. not different users)

Toolpig's video is of him doing both. Something eles interesting is, he has a China made 36v and it doesn't have a tool free shoe adjustment lever 

i think Makita have (for obvious reasons) handpicked a test that shows a difference between the 18V and 18x2 units. There's always a way to show a tool in good light.

Were you able to notice a difference in power during your tests or even afterwards out of curiosity?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Were you able to notice a difference in power during your tests or even afterwards out of curiosity?

No, I couldnt find any difference in my testing. I only tested them for a couple of hours though...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2016 at 7:57 PM, Bremon said:

On 9/5/2016 at 8:43 PM, joemontague said:

Does it vibrate bad

From the accounts on Instagram I've read and trust to be accurate, the Makita has the most vibration between it and the fkexvolt and the fuel models, with the fkexvolt being the least amount

• 1 month later...

and also i want you to realize that you can put 6.0, 3 layered battery's on the makita and therefor have twice the potential of the others. a higher voltage also helps reduce amp draw and therefore heat witch makes more potential possible...

On 11/11/2016 at 4:01 PM, ICT said:

and also i want you to realize that you can put 6.0, 3 layered battery's on the makita and therefor have twice the potential of the others. a higher voltage also helps reduce amp draw and therefore heat witch makes more potential possible...

Can't beat the Milwaukee one key, I have makita BL 36v and the Milwaukee one key saws. Milwaukee runs circles around the makita 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...