Poor Mans CNC

WigWagWorkshop

Good Day Crew!

Well, since the CNC I want is a little over $4,000, and I won't be able to buy it until early next year I decided to do it the "Old Fashion" way

Steps:

1) Find Picture

2) Use the carbon paper to trace it on the wood

3) Secure wood to bench with carpet tape

4) Use a variety of bits in the Dremel and the DeWalt DWP611 Router

5) Have fun carving 

22409846142_11d456907a_b.jpg

The Flexcut Knife and Gloves are for carving stuff in Basswood, like caricatures.

• Like 2

Hahaha. I like the "old fashioned". What project are you working on with this setup Wigwag?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have a few idea rattling around, but first going to practice with lettering and same basic vector graphics.  I am most excited about learning carving caricatures out of Basswood.  Brandon has been making walking sticks, but he's only been using a wood burner for adding designs, so I am hoping he will start carving some Wood Spirits on his sticks.

-Steven

When I was younger I would print off a picture trace it on to wood then use a scroll saw to cut it out then use a wood burner

Yup, thats also in the works, doing some wood burning projects.   For scroll sawing, I just print the patterns and attach them to wood.

ya pretty much do the same thing but use the wood burner to transfer the image to the wood using a laser printer......as for carving ya I did some cars years ago more like 20 years ago that is and gave them away as gifts wish I took or kept some pics as they were fairly detailed. it all came to an end one night in the emergency room after 14 stitches to my index finger after I slipped on a knot......