What are you pet hates on the job site ?

Craigh9916

When you say pet hates, I think you mean pet peeves? As in, its a woman's pet peeve when a man sits in a tree with banoculars looking at the neighbor lady undressing.

Well, pretty much my pet peeve is when someone acts like a douch. I mean, honestly, use your brain, don't be a douche. But since some people don't have brains, its shouldn't at all surprise me when someone runs a pipe into a wall, through a ladder, and forgot to move the ladder out of the way first.

sorry in the UK people call it pet hates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm self employed and work alone, after reading this I'm even more glad of that. I do auto accessory installs and on the side do some locksmith work, just home and auto lockouts.

In both I get real tired of people who feel they must watch me work, with their body and face in my work area and often even in my personal space. I get it, I'm working on their car or their home's door, and even doing installs I often work mobile so I'm 100% on their turf, but it gets really aggravating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I'm self employed and work alone, after reading this I'm even more glad of that. I do auto accessory installs and on the side do some locksmith work, just home and auto lockouts.

In both I get real tired of people who feel they must watch me work, with their body and face in my work area and often even in my personal space. I get it, I'm working on their car or their home's door, and even doing installs I often work mobile so I'm 100% on their turf, but it gets really aggravating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

lol...sorry but I do almost everything myself or at least try to do everything and if I have to hire someone then I'm that guy........half way up your arse asking 1500 questions.......lol 

Should have hourly rate for "If you had someone else try to fix it first" though I guess it doesn't work with woodworking.

How old is that sign(based on rates)? haha

haha ya since the 70's.....and sure it works with wood working, do you know how hard it is to make a 2" x 4" 3" longer?........

especially when they say...hmm I cut it 3 times and it's still to short?.....

Some of my pet peeves around the shop(machine shop) are,

People trying to borrow my stuff without asking.

Knocking on the sides of my machine when Im doing setups etc.

Messy work area,people seem especially lazy around lathes. im so compulsive about keeping my areas clean and organized.

Theres alot more I can list but they are similar to others mentioned above.

As for the smoking thing,If I had a contractor crew who smoked at my place I wouldnt mind as long as they asked. I smoke too so as long as they arent doing it around my kids and clean up after themselves it'd be all good.