It has been a BUSY 7 months!

rrich1

How did you like the graco sprayer? Pros, cons? Anything in particular you could pass on to interested people (Me)?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I had one issue with the sprayer. At some point I didn't tighten the connection between the gun and the hose. This caused the pressure to cut a line in the threads. This made it not seal properly and paint would spray out the connection between the gun and hose. I wasted over a day finally getting it figured out between Sherwin Williams, graco, and Menard's. Of course this happened on a Saturday with limited resources available. Sherwin Williams was great with replacement hoses after I bought the first replacement there. Menard's was also great in replacing the $100 handle for free (bought the whole sprayer there).

I used the graco project painter plus. This unit is stand alone with the paint staying in the container on the ground. I wasn't about to paint my house having to refill a bottle all the time let alone lugging it on every swipe of paint. This painter also isn't a serviceable unit. If the motor goes out it is done. Smaller things like fittings can be replaced.

Having different size tips is great. I ended up using a smaller size for the whole house rather than the larger it comes with. I would also suggest an extension for the gun. I bought a 15" extension and it was immensely helpful. Being able to spray larger areas without moving cut the lap marks down a lot.

I modeled the process of painting after a series of YouTube videos called how to paint your house right. A ten part series I believe with each step well explained.

Any other questions let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

your home looks beautiful man,nice work. Thank you for sharing,im anxious for warmer weather so I can start doing stuff. We did our roof last year made a huge difference. With the crazy drought here in California its hard keeping great looking yard.

your home looks beautiful man,nice work. Thank you for sharing,im anxious for warmer weather so I can start doing stuff. We did our roof last year made a huge difference. With the crazy drought here in California its hard keeping great looking yard.

thanks. 

the goal this year is the actual landscaping. I was on it the year before and the yard looked great. I got side tracked obviously with other stuff and neglected the yard. I would love to put an apple tree at the end of the deck but the ones I would want need another tree for pollination but I dont have any room for that. I have two brother in laws who do landscaping so Ill have them design and pick out flowers/shrubs. 

• Like 1

....I would love to put an apple tree at the end of the deck but the ones I would want need another tree for pollination but I dont have any room for that....

This is true if you want apples. Another thing would be to plant a small crab apple tree, but maybe there's not even room for that. ...

I highly doubt there will be any type of tree there. I spoke with my bro in law and suggested for him to start working on shrubbery for the landscape.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That will still look nice either way. I love having trees around my house, have five big maples (soft) then I planted 10 more around when i bought the place.

The soft maples drop branches here and there, as they are known for, and I will be sad to see them go, it's just a matter of time because I think one is hollow