18v cordless sds rotary hammer which one?

Lagoodlife

Looks is like the Milwaukee is a beast, even faster than the 36v Makita. Makes me wonder, do 36v Makita tools act like 36v or do they really just double runtime?

Makita definitely has some lemons.  They seem to release a half dozen for every top-of-its-class tool, in fact I've heard the brushless rotary hammer is superior to the 18v2 (same design as the older 36V one) in almost every way.

Cop tool put up their 18 volt SDS review: http://youtu.be/vCDXPnPWhyw

Looks is like the Milwaukee is a beast, even faster than the 36v Makita. Makes me wonder, do 36v Makita tools act like 36v or do they really just double runtime?

Depends on the tool of course. The 18vX2 Rotary is just completly thesame model as their original 36v that come out 7 years ago. Brushed motor. Its an outdated model really. But if you have the batteries... The outdated model gives you quite the runtime and power.

Makitas 18v brushless Rotary was also one of the first ( if not the first ?) brushless Rotary on the market. 4 years now :)

18v brushless comes in close in performance to older brushed 36v designs and that is what we are seeing here :)

Same goes for the Makita 18v brushless circulair saw. Its very close in performance compared to the brushed 18X2 circulzr saw :)

The thing I don't understand about a 2x18 battery setup that essentially doubles runtime is isn't it just better to have the second battery in your bag or sitting in the charger until you need it? You still have two identical batteries and having the second on the tool only means you're adding weight that you have to hold while you work. I'd rather just take the spare out and put it on the floor while I work to lighten the load if that's the case.

Well there is an increase of power. No denying that. But a 36volt tool never has double the power. No single makita, dewalt or bosch 36 volt tool has ever been double as strong as their 18v versions.36 volt batteries were also used as a small increase of power with mostly a lot longer runtime.

The dual 18v can cut deeper then the single BL saw. It also has abit more power. But the runtime is quite longer.

If you want a cordless saw that can go 66mm deep ( sorry i dont know inches ) you can choose either the Milwaukee or the Makita. And as many comparisons have shown, the Makita easily wins in cutting power and runtime.

They have their uses :)