Extraction Pliers

JimboS1ice

There are very few tools I recommend with such gusto, everyone needs at least one pair of these. These are very nicely made and probably underpriced at $20-25 range, considering the cost of Knipex and the like. These are part tool and part advil because they will save you a lot of headaches.

There are very few tools I recommend with such gusto, everyone needs at least one pair of these. These are very nicely made and probably underpriced at $20-25 range, considering the cost of Knipex and the like. These are part tool and part advil because they will save you a lot of headaches.

Second that Bmack, I paid like 19 for the slip joint and 23 for the linesman style. Quality is top notch, I've paid more money for crap tools that aren't worth their weight I scrap.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How does the joint hold up?  A lot of pliers flex in the joint and end up loose and wobbly if you put too much twisting force the way these are meant to work.

I've had mine for like 6-8 months and use them regularly, they're not showing the slightest sign of use on the jaws. The only signs of use are some scuffs on the grips. I actually removed my linesman and slip-joint pliers from my bag in favor of these so I use them in more ways than just the specialty tool it's advertised as...though I'm considering the slip joint Engineer pliers because I'm limited in how wide the jaws open.

That sounds great, BMack.  I'll definitely be getting a pair of the lineman style.

I'm definitely pretty tough of my pliers, but they never seem to hold up well.  Milwaukee pliers in particular seem almost as soft as the shockwave bits, which is really annoying since I like their designs.

The more I think about the tools I've complained about and seeing the complaints online, I think Chinese steel is a real problem. I'm sure there are Chinese manufacterers getting steel from other countries but it seems that most Chinese tools have soft metal. These pliers are made in Japan, they have a pretty good reputation for quality steel and I think that's what we're dealing with here...high quality steel.

• Like 1

The more I think about the tools I've complained about and seeing the complaints online, I think Chinese steel is a real problem. I'm sure there are Chinese manufacterers getting steel from other countries but it seems that most Chinese tools have soft metal. These pliers are made in Japan, they have a pretty good reputation for quality steel and I think that's what we're dealing with here...high quality steel.

I highly agree with this statement. Everything Japanese made I own from Pliers,to knives,to precision tools are always top notch. The Japanese are amazing metalurgists.

• Like 1

I highly agree with this statement. Everything Japanese made I own from Pliers,to knives,to precision tools are always top notch. The Japanese are amazinf metalurgists.

Yea the few Japanese made products I have are all high quality.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Saw someone on another forum ask about these pliers, and I still love mine...so bumping this up for anyone that haven't seen this incredibly useful tool.

Not all of the Engineer tools are winners. I bought the Engineer PZ-01 Ring Pliers and they simply don't work because the jaws are too thick to fit under the clips, still good quality but not...uh...engineered well. So don't buy these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TGHOAE

50 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Funny you brought this up I was thinking about a video for these.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do, you may want to point out the ability for these to hold round objects really well. I use these often to pull out capacitors that I can't get my fingers around because of clearance or if they're glued in.

I like that you're getting into doing these videos and covering a good variety. It's a nice addition to what Dan and Eric provide.

• Like 2

WOW, with a name like that, I would assume these were a vampires torture pliars. They use them to force humans to tell them where the local blood banks are. Anyways, these look like a nice set, usually a good set of pliars will have grooves like that to grip nuts. You know, when you piss a woman off, its ifirst go to tool, but as always I digress. These should last you a long time provided you take care of them, such as a yearly oiling.

Actually they have an American import of these exact pliers under the name vamplier

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can they grip a 6/32 screw without a head? That's my typical problem. There was/is a problem with some Nutek WSW2 boxes where the holes for the 6/32 screws are too small. Typically by the time you notice you're unable to abort without the head shearing off. It's a complete PITA as the screw really welds itself to the box.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, noops said:

Can they grip a 6/32 screw without a head? That's my typical problem. There was/is a problem with some Nutek WSW2 boxes where the holes for the 6/32 screws are too small. Typically by the time you notice you're unable to abort without the head shearing off. It's a complete PITA as the screw really welds itself to the box.

I used drill bits grabbing the shank and the smallest I could grab was 5/64th. They do make a smaller pair and also a larger pair.

2 hours ago, noops said:

They should be able to grip it yes. 6-32 is about the worst as far as fastener strength is concerned.