Sun-room rehab. I got a little carried away today.

99_XC600

Looks good. Its crazy how small a room gets once the drywall is hung, when the studs are exposed it feels so much bigger. The one thing I hate about tiling is cleaning the grout off its never ending wipe,

wipe, wipe and theirs still more..lol  

The room isn't that big too begin with, which is the main reason we vaulted the ceiling. It helps to open it up, but in the end the room is just 8 x 12.

Doing the grout is all about timing and having patience. After you float it in, you want to give it some time to setup a little but not too much that you're having a hard time wiping the haze off the tile. Also selecting a tile that doesn't have a porous finish is key as well, otherwise the grout haze gets into the surface and is nearly impossible to remove. I learned that lesson on the tile that I used for the full bathroom on the second floor.

Looking great,Nice work. I recognize the Porter Cable Tigersaw on the floor :)   I love that little thing,works well.

Thanks, I just picked it up this weekend to help me with this project and to be used a pruning device for the snowmobile trails behind my house, It works well, I just need to pick up the 4.0 battery to give me some more run time,

Hanging of the sheet rock went well. I had help from a buddy who had access to a drywall lift which was huge in getting the ceiling and high walls done. For everyone wondering about the transition point at the top of the bulkhead and the upper part of the wall. We will be installing a shelf along the entire length of the wall to disguise that there are 2 different elevations.

Now comes the fun part of mudding and taping the joints. :)

85EB8D3C-D3CB-4FAB-A079-18D3E7F982C7_zps

19B0F1F2-9948-460E-A70E-88468E90C0EB_zps

6672EB62-3384-43B9-94E9-049E25FDC350_zps

2704DA9C-8580-4A60-BDB8-B99C409E67A9_zps

D7D5402A-B5DB-4120-8C0B-E417242BA38D_zps

C19C226E-3F27-4020-B67A-A78D5EECE5AF_zps

E7D3F6D1-33B6-49B7-8B07-2F4635EBA51D_zps

4FD0AF0D-5459-495C-9721-4B50E98A381B_zps

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up, Honestly I had no idea that it was a possibility.

No problem that's why we are here that help each other out. when it comes to old homes you would be surprised the amount of material that has  asbestos in it. 

The sun roomn is looking good now let the fun begin.

• Like 1

Our house was built in 1958,I know from the inspection report there are some things that have asbestos in them up in the attic. Im guessing as long as they arent disturbed by being cut or anything they will be ok.

BTW the PC tigersaw is awesome for pruning,in fact thats mostly what I use it for. I have the PC drill and impact too,they are pretty good tools for the lower cost. I have 2 of the 4.0 batteries,they last a good while I wish they had 6.0 or bigger batteries but the 4.0 seem to still provide good weight to balance ratio.

Our house was built in 1958,I know from the inspection report there are some things that have asbestos in them up in the attic. Im guessing as long as they arent disturbed by being cut or anything they will be ok.

BTW the PC tigersaw is awesome for pruning,in fact thats mostly what I use it for. I have the PC drill and impact too,they are pretty good tools for the lower cost. I have 2 of the 4.0 batteries,they last a good while I wish they had 6.0 or bigger batteries but the 4.0 seem to still provide good weight to balance ratio.

I'm pretty happy with the PC lineup. It's a very good value for what I use them for. So far I have the following

Impact - Qty 2

Drill

Recip Saw

Oscillating tool

Flashlight

The impact is a beast but I found myself using the Bosch 12v impact when doing the drywall just because it has a little more finesse and control with it. The PC goes from slow to full out beast mode and I was breaking the paper too easily. 

• Like 1

Got started with the taping and compounding and then had to stop to deal with our bank after they called us to let us know that our account had been compromised and they had a put a freeze on it. It turns out that someone had fabricated a check with the account and routing number on it and then deposited it through a BOA ATM using the scan option.

BOA realized it was a bogus check after it hit our account. The amazing thing about it is that the check looked like it came from my wife's checkbook, The giveaway among other things was the number on the check was 862 and the next check in my wife's register was 258.

So we had to cancel the account, open a new one, transfer all of the funds back, get new ATM cards and now we need to update all of our direct deposit information.

I'm just glad that we caught it before going into Holiday weekend, it would have been a bigger disaster than it already was.

If people would put the same amount of effort into an honest days work as they do trying to scam and cheat people out of their hard earned money they would probably do pretty well for themselves, but I digress. Sun room is coming along nicely. Keep the updates coming.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I give a lot of credit to my wife, she's always looking at the accounts looking for fraudulent charges. It's gotten to the point that we try to pay with cash for everything and reduce the use of electronic transfers.

Lately we have also been using a prepaid VISA that's not tied into any of our accounts to pay for things online when needed. Even taking these measures, people still find a way to rob you. It's getting to the point where I'm ready to start burying my money in the backyard, LOL

• Like 1

Okay cool just asking. I once ripped out a full 4x12 sheet of drywall which came out in one piece and there was only ten screws on the studs. I couldn't believe it, the drywall looked nice and straight when it was on the wall talk about saving money on materials..lol

What a transformation 99_XC600. Did the 12v Bosch do all the drywall??? Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks. For the most part it did. I started to use my 20v Porter Cable impact but found that I didn't have enough control with it so I switched back to the Bosch. I love that little gun.

Today I strapped on the mask and started everybody's favorite part of doing drywall...the sanding. I went to HD and picked up some sanding sponges and sanded everything by hand. I prefer the sponges over the pole sander. I always have issues with the pole sander flipping over or gouging the surface, I need to hit the transition points where the ceiling hits the wall with a layer of mud. Since they are not a 90* I hit one side of the angle first and let it dry. Going to let the dust settle and then clean everything up before I do my final fill.

2DFAF961-419C-4D16-85A9-CE90B1513DA1_zps

E18AB7D3-2E71-479E-BBB6-7B272A9E0797_zps

0FD505F0-6B46-4790-836C-3D8A91D981A5_zps

B47020E3-EC91-4129-8389-EE5EFF16829B_zps

428714B2-FBE7-4025-B2B1-EEFC2E453699_zps

A1791CEF-7F66-4122-AF6E-70A786ACA690_zps

907DA350-195A-4BB3-B594-7F9837D063E6_zps

01C47F4D-9CF0-4583-B14B-E38AF073B482_zps

50C616E6-1959-48F0-9AE5-CEEAA23891C2_zps

97BF9A54-FCAE-41DB-A450-6E9931D96353_zps