Black Friday tool shopping!!!

Downshftking

I'm with you Hugh! Unfortunately, Mrs. Conductor revels in the madness and thrives in the chaotic nature of it all.

Black Friday is to my wife what a full moon is to a werewolf. It unleashes something inside of her not seen at any other time in the year.

What this means is that Conductor's ass will be in line at

Toys 'R' Us for 5+ hours in the cold waiting for a fantastic bargain on some shit I don't even need, all while Mrs. Conductor sits in the warm car with her mother and my mother and plot their strategy like they're getting ready to invade Normandy.

You're a better man than I am. I wouldn't do it if the shit I was shopping for was free. Nope. 

I went black friday shopping with my wife once before we were married and I'll just say it's surprising we got married after that. I think my exact words were, "it will be a cold day in hell before I ever do that again!".

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went black friday shopping with my wife once before we were married and I'll just say it's surprising we got married after that. I think my exact words were, "it will be a cold day in hell before I ever do that again!".

I notice as I get older I have a harder time being in large groups like at malls and movie theaters. Worse yet is Walmart. Local morons in droves, swearing and bumping and grinding. Kinda like my last rectal exam.
  • Like 2

I notice as I get older I have a harder time being in large groups like at malls and movie theaters. Worse yet is Walmart. Local morons in droves, swearing and bumping and grinding. Kinda like my last rectal exam.

Chris that may have been the funniest post I have seen on this forum! I did not see that ending coming. My biggest problem is that we weren't going for anything in particular but since I'm a pretty big guy she expected me just to shove everyone oit of the way. I told her I could if I knew where in the hell we were going. I think if there is something specific I was wanting I would probably go again, but just to go look around...ain't happening again.

• Like 2

I bought my tv a few years ago at bestbuy, it wasn't a door buster but I got a good deal on it. Was it worth waiting like 3 hours in the cold? Probably not, I prefer shopping in my boxers with a cup of coffee of the Irish variety than dealing with people.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Chris that may have been the funniest post I have seen on this forum! I did not see that ending coming. My biggest problem is that we weren't going for anything in particular but since I'm a pretty big guy she expected me just to shove everyone oit of the way. I told her I could if I knew where in the hell we were going. I think if there is something specific I was wanting I would probably go again, but just to go look around...ain't happening again.

Well to paint a picture, my Doctor, who just retired earned the name I gave him...."Doctor Sausage Fingers".

I bought my tv a few years ago at bestbuy, it wasn't a door buster but I got a good deal on it. Was it worth waiting like 3 hours in the cold? Probably not, I prefer shopping in my boxers with a cup of coffee of the Irish variety than dealing with people.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I'm talking about! Throughout the year my wife will mention things. I put those in my Amazon list and when I am good and ready I click a few buttons and voila, it's all over but the wrapping.

Man guys im stuck between 2 things I want the Dewalt tablesaw and the 52inch Husky box... my financial advisor/Wifey says I can choose one ......decisions decisions....

My vote is for that tablesaw.

wife and I traveled 3 1/2 hours to a black friday sale one year, when I went into the first store we got there around noon and thought the place was going out of business. the place looked like a hurricane went through it. I watched as a guy his wife and 2 kids walked by me with 4 full shopping carts of toilet paper, I thought how bloody cheap does it have to be to buy enough toilet paper that takes up 400sq feet of your 1200sq foot house

I think I'm gonna grab an 18V drill to keep in the truck. I could just get a battery and move a Milwaukee into road service, but I'm feeling exotic and for the price of a battery I can get a 1 battery combo on BF.

I'm thinking either Dewalt or Makita. Dewalt would make the most sense as I already have compatible 20V Mac tools, but I'm kinda wanting to open up my options. The most that would ever be added would be a 1/2" impact and possibly a recip saw.

Decisions decisions......

Well if you are willing to try makita.. First half of 2016 had them bringing out new cordless 18v impact wrench and recip saw and both will be top of the line Hen they come out