Drills/Drivers without torque settings?

JoanGoa

• 2 weeks later...

Drills without torque settings are a bit like teenagers without grown ups around.

Things might go great for a while but you just know sooner or later its all gonna end badly LOL :)

I had a big powerful drill with no Clutch/torque control at all, I was reaching through a gap high in a building to drill through some steel sheet for a pipe when the drill bit jammed the drill spun and broke my finger.

That day I learnt a lesson NEVER have a drill without a clutch/torque control.

And screwdrivers with no clutch.If you are putting in 2 screws, then you may not see the benefits, but if you are putting in 200 or 2000 screws you deffo will. :)

Drills without torque settings are a bit like teenagers without grown ups around.

Things might go great for a while but you just know sooner or later its all gonna end badly LOL :)

I had a big powerful drill with no Clutch/torque control at all, I was reaching through a gap high in a building to drill through some steel sheet for a pipe when the drill bit jammed the drill spun and broke my finger.

That day I learnt a lesson NEVER have a drill without a clutch/torque control.

And screwdrivers with no clutch.If you are putting in 2 screws, then you may not see the benefits, but if you are putting in 200 or 2000 screws you deffo will. :)

Ouch. Yeah I never thought about the danger of of not having a clutch

• 3 weeks later...

Most drivers without torque settings are limited by the the tools own maximum output. How useful this would be would depend on whether the tool reached its maximum torque before or after the fastener is driven all the way.

Hole Hawgs have no clutch.... A little caution goes a long way.