What did the crew get this BF?

Bigmikez

Also received my order from German Hand Tools November/December 50% off Felo sale. Think I'm going to have to make another order, these tools are extremely high quality.

Some 4" bits:

oQnPW7w.jpg

Magnetic T Handle, it's soo strong it magnetizes bits up to 2.5":

TSAh6XX.jpg

1/4" hex mini ratchet:

rCJzxmQ.jpg

One of the nicest screwdrivers I have, very comfy handle:

vOP4m3W.jpg

Also ordered this, same seller but different sale:

jHNOpTA.jpg

Also received my order from German Hand Tools November/December 50% off Felo sale. Think I'm going to have to make another order, these tools are extremely high quality.

Some 4" bits:

oQnPW7w.jpg

Magnetic T Handle, it's soo strong it magnetizes bits up to 2.5":

TSAh6XX.jpg

1/4" hex mini ratchet:

rCJzxmQ.jpg

One of the nicest screwdrivers I have, very comfy handle:

vOP4m3W.jpg

Also ordered this, same seller but different sale:

jHNOpTA.jpg

nice! I bought some wera's from kctool and some insulated wiha's as well. waiting for them to arrive.  Do those wera's not have the laser cut tips? do you like the wera's or felos better?

good deal!. I wonder why my car said they went up?

They do have the laser cut tips(and the screwdriver holder), it's hard to see with the small picture. I think I like the Felo screwdriver more but the Weras are very nice, especially the tips. The Wera's handle isn't nearly as large as it looks in pictures, which was a pleasant surprise.

BTW, if you have interest in the Felo deal it's on the GJ forum(You do not need to be a member, communication is done via email). The entire catalog is available for the discount but it will take a couple weeks for delivery. Here's a link to the thread: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309158

They do have the laser cut tips(and the screwdriver holder), it's hard to see with the small picture. I think I like the Felo screwdriver more but the Weras are very nice, especially the tips. The Wera's handle isn't nearly as large as it looks in pictures, which was a pleasant surprise.

BTW, if you have interest in the Felo deal it's on the GJ forum(You do not need to be a member, communication is done via email). The entire catalog is available for the discount but it will take a couple weeks for delivery. Here's a link to the thread: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309158

im a member and saw the thread. thank you. do the felo's grip like the wera's? I know I have seen where wera's will grip upside down or straight out and stay that way. I have smaller hands and they did look pretty big in the pics. I was torn between the two and decided on the weras for the laser tips. I couldn't find much video on the felo's.

the felo set 61391 looks really nice for the money. 

im a member and saw the thread. thank you. do the felo's grip like the wera's? I know I have seen where wera's will grip upside down or straight out and stay that way. I have smaller hands and they did look pretty big in the pics. I was torn between the two and decided on the weras for the laser tips. I couldn't find much video on the felo's.

the felo set 61391 looks really nice for the money. 

The Felos are softer than the Weras and it almost feels like a gel under the rubber outer, it's not squishy but you can feel it if you really dig your fingers into it. The Weras grip screws better but the Felo grips your hand better...they're both gripper than any other screwdriver I have. The Felo is a little slimmer than the Wera.

Here's a comparison picture, all are 4" PH2s. I have a Klein but it's at the shop, this is all I have at home.

ZwwCQGt.jpg

The Felos are softer than the Weras and it almost feels like a gel under the rubber outer, it's not squishy but you can feel it if you really dig your fingers into it. The Weras grip screws better but the Felo grips your hand better...they're both gripper than any other screwdriver I have. The Felo is a little slimmer than the Wera.

Here's a comparison picture, all are 4" PH2s. I have a Klein but it's at the shop, this is all I have at home.

ZwwCQGt.jpg

thanks for the pic I appreciate it. My order frm kc hasnt shipped yet...looks like ill be doing some looking tonight. 

You might really like the Weras, I'm playing around with the two now and despite the Felo being a little slimmer the Wera actually feels smaller. The higher raised rib on the middle(between the connected ovals of green) fall between your fingers so it doesn't feel all that large. It actually feels closer to the size of the Craftsman acetate screwdrivers. I have rather large hands(Size XL gloves, my index finger is as long as the shank of these screwdrivers) and the screwdriver falls in my fingers, it doesn't really sit in my palm...it's hard to say whether I like that or not, it's just different. They're actually pretty usual porportions, I believe the Craftsman pro screwdrivers are larger than these Wera. I keep flip flopping between whether I like the Weras or not but I definitely like the tips.

Thanks for the analysis, that helps a lot. I'm tempted to pick up a set of the strike cap felo's to see how they are. The wera's I ordered have the hex shank with the nut for wrench to put on but are not the chisel drivers. How do you compare the wittes? They were my on my list as well but were more expensive. 

Thanks for the analysis, that helps a lot. I'm tempted to pick up a set of the strike cap felo's to see how they are. The wera's I ordered have the hex shank with the nut for wrench to put on but are not the chisel drivers. How do you compare the wittes? They were my on my list as well but were more expensive. 

My pleasure, I love to offer any sort of help I can, it's not like we can go try them at Home Depot!

The Wittes are my favorite screwdrivers. They're not has hard as the Weras but the material for grip is going to be a love it or hate it thing. I love it but I also end up cleaning it quite a bit because it attracts dirt. The Witte pictured there is my second PH2, I just bought it so I can have an extra...the Tekton USA and the Snap-On(and Klein not pictured) are older but look new because the Wittes get all of the use since I bought them.

What I did with the Wittes is made my own set. I used Sears' SYW points to get the hex bolster phillips, I paid less than $5 out of pocket for the PH1 and two PH2s combined. Then I bought the hex bolster slotted screwdrivers on eBay for around $10-12 each. I had to use eBay because Sears doesn't have the hex maxxpro plus in slotted. This also allowed me to try before I commited to buying the whole set.

The one downside to the Witte screwdrivers is that they are not marked on the top of the screwdriver. I ended up scuffing and using an etching primer to make a "-" on the slotted screwdrivers, I can tell the size by the handle size. That is holding up very well and solved that issue, seems like a pretty big oversight in what is a high quality screwdriver. They're the only screwdrivers I have that aren't marked on the top. The Felo does lack size but is marked with the tip type, Wera, Snap-On, Tekton and Klein have size and tip type.

Project of the day trying to organize my post Black Friday pick ups into my boxes

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No big deal, it's just stuff currently taking up 14 feet of counter space, LOL

I'm soo glad I went with small hand tool upgrades or testing out new brands with my Black Friday! No tetris work for me!

No big deal, it's just stuff currently taking up 14 feet of counter space, LOL

I'm soo glad I went with small hand tool upgrades or testing out new brands with my Black Friday! No tetris work for me!

Filled up a whole garbage bag full of blister packs, ran to HD for Salem organizers of corse I bought some spring clamps and some titanium bucket scissors reduced.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just got my last shipment of Jets in.....

2-40" Parallel Clamps

4-30"

5-24"

and my Knipex End Cutters. I'm not sure if you guys remember the big bedroom Reno my wife and I did last winter but I got a butt load of 65 year old knotty pine wainscoting e bedded with nails I want to re use. I watched a video the other day of how to pull those nails out and that's what I got!

• Like 1

Good to know. They were top my list but dropped due to price. Might still pick up a set though.

Here is most of my BF deals.

Gearwrench ace brand sae set $10

Irwin 6pc clam set $15

Dremel 130 pc kit $10

Kobalt table saw $200

Werner ladder $90

Lenox hole saw kit $40

post-50861-14493587096_thumb.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1