Dewalt XR planer , I'll leave the vid here for your pleasure

locksmithmatt

So after locksmithmatt's post, can we assume that a brushless miter saw is on the way. DCS365, the current model is DCS361. I wish we had more info on that. Blade size, cut capacity. Maybe DeWalt won't be such a let down. I just wish they didn't take so long on stuff.

I sure hope it's not for quite some time. I didn't even realize the 361 isn't Brushless. I jumped on it pretty quick and I'd be pissed if they release a brushless version too soon.

Sorry guys.

As long as you're happy with miter saw you have that should be all that matters. But I can see how people will feel a bit ripped off by Dewalt if they come out with a better version so quickly. I honestly think they should be concentrating on tools they don't already have. Big one for me is a good brushless circular saw. They may have realized that Makita is coming out with a brushless miter saw and rushed to compete with that. I still don't get why the initial miter saw wasn't brushless. Sometimes being first out of the gate isn't always best.

Maybe it was meant to compete with the new Makita miter saw, but the fact is I'm saying new because Makita already had a brushed one for many years as did some other brands.  I'm not really sure why the Dewalt cordless miter saw is suddenly getting so much attention.  As far as coming out with brushless tools, I think it's more about marketing than development time.  Enough tools use motors the same size that manufacturers could just stick new brushless motors in all their tools with some minor cosmetic changes and fixes to known problems.

Maybe it was meant to compete with the new Makita miter saw, but the fact is I'm saying new because Makita already had a brushed one for many years as did some other brands.  I'm not really sure why the Dewalt cordless miter saw is suddenly getting so much attention.  As far as coming out with brushless tools, I think it's more about marketing than development time.  Enough tools use motors the same size that manufacturers could just stick new brushless motors in all their tools with some minor cosmetic changes and fixes to known problems.

I think it comes down to the fact it was teased for a few years. The other thing is the Dewalt is much more affordable than the Makita miter saw. The Dewalt is 319 as a bare tool and $399 as a kit, you can also get some deals on it also at times. The old brushed Makita was around $550 for the bare tool and 600 for the kit. The Dewalt hits at a much more affordable price point. With the high capacity batteries a cordless miter saw became viable for punch list type jobs.

Well I take that back, apparently they did go brushless for the overseas model, says XR right on the housing. That is pretty shitty, ain't it? 

Here's the specs: 

Product Specification
  • Barcode: 5035048613948
  • Cuts per charge:
  • - Soft wood 75x50mm - 200
  • - MDF skirting 18x119mm - 320
  • Cutting Capacity at 90°/90° (W x H): 250 x 50 mm
  • Cutting Capacity at 45°/90° (W x H): 176 x 50 mm
  • Cutting Capacity at 90°/45° (W x H): 250x35 mm
  • Max. Cutting Capacity at 45°/45°: 176x35 mm
  • Blade speed: 3750RPM
  • Blade diameter 184mm
  • Blade bore: 16mm
  • Bevel capacity: 48°
  • Mitre capacity (right/left): 45/45°
  • Weight: 11.5kg
  • Depth: 590mm
  • Length: 490mm
  • Height: 590mm
  • Hand/Arm Vibration - Cutting Wood: <2.5 m/s²
  • Uncertainty K 1 (Vibration): 1.5 m/s²
  • Sound Power: 93 dB(A)
  • Sound Power Uncertainty: 2.0 dB(A)
  • Sound Pressure: 88 dB(A)
  • Sound Pressure Uncertainty: 2.0 dB(A)
  • Total Shipping Weight: 15kg

Just thought that I would say XR on the housing, in the UK at least, doesn't necessarily mean that it is brushless! I have the jig saw and circular saw which both are not brushless and both have XR on the housing!!!  

I am not saying that the mitre saw is or is not a brushless motor, just that XR on the housing doesn't mean brushless.

On another note I have just been comparing pictures of the USA and European versions of the mitre saw!!!

Warning!!! Bit of a rant coming!!!!

I have to say that I really don't like the visual / physical changes they have made to the European version!!!!

1. What is to be gained by changing the side carry handles to what looks to be black plastic?? WHY change it??? This can't be stronger than having them cast in to the body like the USA version. Plus it only adds to the parts list, for manufacturing and replacement parts for the end user!!!!
  2. Why change the angle plate for mitring from the standard silver ones that are on just about every mitre saw I have ever owned!!! why change to the black one??
  3. Why change the locking handle on the front of the bed to one that is very similar to what the Makita (Blue POO) mitre saws have?? Dewalt has always had the thumb button and locking lever for as long as I can remember, and the USA version has it!! Plus the plate seems to have locating holes instead of the indented plate for most used angles!! Again, WHY change it?? 
  4. The locking lever for locking in bevel angles has also changed!! as well as the angle indicator (again to the black plate) its big brother the DW780 has the same as the USA version. BUT the European version has what looks to be a backwards step to the DW718. Surly the bright Yellow plate with black text is easier to see in low light than a black plate with white text, this goes for both the mitre and bevel angle plates!!  AGAIN WHY???
  5. The hole bed of the saw is more angular on the European version!! what was wrong with the shape of the USA version???? I cant see what changing this would gain???

Can any one answer any on these questions??

The design/appearance really is a step down. Especially the thumb button to lock the miter and the scale plates. In terms of specification it benefits over the US model in some ways.

The US model really looks like a little pro saw whereas the EU model 'looks' much more simplistic. I dunno, just my first feeling when seeing these pictures.

The design/appearance really is a step down. Especially the thumb button to lock the miter and the scale plates. In terms of specification it benefits over the US model in some ways.

The US model really looks like a little pro saw whereas the EU model 'looks' much more simplistic. I dunno, just my first feeling when seeing these pictures.

Dear Mr Y

Believe when I tell.. You will love the saw..

My test crew and I have try it and all off the guys will bye it when it will be on the marked.. A quote from one of them" FUCK the price I won't one..!"

• Like 1