2016 Dewalt

Hugh Jass

I thought 2015 was suppose to be the year for Dewalt? I'd like to see a 7 1/4 brushless circular saw, a 20V compressor would be cool would turn all my pneumatic nailers to cordless, right angle impact, and more powerful brushless tools. Is it bad that I've given up on there 12v and moved to the M12?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought 2015 was suppose to be the year for Dewalt? I'd like to see a 7 1/4 brushless circular saw, a 20V compressor would be cool would turn all my pneumatic nailers to cordless, right angle impact, and more powerful brushless tools. Is it bad that I've given up on there 12v and moved to the M12?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be hard for a 20v compressor, maybe a 40v, as for the 12v Dewalt has a weak line, only a hand full of tools, Milwaukee, Bosch and Makita have them beat. Dewalt doesn't even have any form of battery indicators for their 12v.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 20v small compressor for nail guns would be awesome. I never thought of that. That way you could still use pneumatic nailers because their so much smaller than battery nailers, and would still be very mobile only having to deal with one air hose for your gun.

Hey everyone I'm pretty new to the forum and wondered if you guys could give me some insight as to what you think the best 20v hammer drill and impact driver set is (not specifically DeWALT), I think the DeWALT DCK296P2. 

Not 20V, but my vote is the M18 drill and impact, the Gen 2 guys.

18 and 20v are the same thing power wise its a marketing thing all 12v tools are really 10.8v but every one uses the 12v description now on that too line. The Gen 2 Milwaukee Fuel drill and impact drivers are beasts though.

I could be wrong but the most we are going to see added to the Dewalt 12v line is test and measurement tools. Unless someone at Dewalt decides to take on Milwaukee on 12v tools. I think they realize even though people like the Dewalt 12v max grip Milwaukee has a product line they can't touch with out investing a ton of resources and time trying to compete in. The Dewalt 20v is where you will see most of the future tool releases in.

Hey everyone I'm pretty new to the forum and wondered if you guys could give me some insight as to what you think the best 20v hammer drill and impact driver set is (not specifically DeWALT), I think the DeWALT DCK296P2. 

I think the Metabo, Gen2 Fuel & Makita brushless drills are the best around, probably in that order though they're all amazing. In impact drivers i give the nod to the tiny Makita, then Gen2 Fuel. Not sure about the Metabo. 

Dewalt's kit is very good too, but not on par with the above 3 excellent choices IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wanted to bump this thread in case anything new was coming down the pipeline. Still waiting for my 20v Planer...

latest?cb=20130302224516

It's close to release here in Ireland. There's one company actually advertising it as in stock but I dropped into there shop and no sign of it. Didn't even bother asking the guy as he's a bit of a bullshitter