A couple bathroom projects

stainlessstroker95

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda a non-obvious choice to go with corrugated metal but I like it. You might want to clear coat it so it doesn't start to rust even if it is galvanized. Bathrooms are a harsh environment.

I'm new to this Jerry. Could you explain what you mean by clear coat it? Is there a certain substance I should grab from Home Depot to get the needed protection?

Others can chime in on the necessity but basically a clear spray paint to coat the metal, you could even do a satin spray. All it would be for would be to protect the surface so moisture, and potential bodily fluids from actually touching the metal. Looks what happens to metal baseboard or metal grates near toilets over the long run.

• Like 1

Others can chime in on the necessity but basically a clear spray paint to coat the metal, you could even do a satin spray. All it would be for would be to protect the surface so moisture, and potential bodily fluids from actually touching the metal. Looks what happens to metal baseboard or metal grates near toilets over the long run.

Ah OK.  Thanks Jerry.  I'll look into it