Milwaukee Tool Chest questions...

Moxy

So my in-laws surprised me with one of the Milwaukee tool chests.  They bought it on black Friday.  They live in GA, and I'm 3 states away.  My local HD took it upon themselves to put together ALL the Milwaukee tool chests they received.  All of them are scratched and dented.  One of my drawers is even bent and another one looks like someone stood on sandpaper on the inside and tried to walk.  Because they assembled them all, I couldn't see what the shipping boxes looked like so I don't know if it was like that from shipping or they did it during assembly. 

Has anyone had any luck dealing with Milwaukee about these boxes? 

I'd really like the one drawer replaced and some touch up paint or something.  Actually my first choice would be for a new item to look new (and still be in the box unless I ask them to assemble it) but I am not willing to take a bunch of my time dealing with people at HD who don't seem to care.

MILWAUKEE is great with service issues. Unfortunately the replacement drawers aren't packaged as well as the chests. I had a guy from Milwaukee bring 3 drawers to my house and they were all bent, we had to straighten and bend the slides just to get it in. Email their customer service and they will take care if you. If they can't fix the issues I'm sure they would compensate you in some other way.

They are packed better than almost anything I've ever seen. Also the little assembly needed was pretty easy, not to mention the tolerances were all quite good so you could hand tighten every nut and screw all the way in. I don't know but I would see if they have stock somewhere still in a box. I love the rough textured finish of the box but the downside is I think touching it up is going to be super difficult.

Rust oleam makes a pretty sweet 2 toned hammered finish spray paint,thats what I use on my Kennedy boxes since the manufactures charge you an arm and a leg for a can of their paint.

I've used the hammered rustoleum spray and like it quite a bit, mostly on old radiators I've stripped, but it can be a little tricky to get the effect even. That being said the Milwaukee boxes are a matte rough finish, almost looks like red Diablo sandpaper. It's a powdercoat I think and regular spray wouldn't ever match but when buying a new box you should get a new box. The Milwaukee box is a nice looking one too, it would suck to deal with it being messed up before even getting it home...

Haha - Actually - I'm not sure.  We were driving to a location for our wedding pictures and saw these guys going down the street playing with the hydraulics.  My brother in law said - you want me to catch them?  We said yeah.  He jumped out of the limo and ran down the street in his suit and asked if they'd take some pictures with us.  There was an old loading dock right down the street so they pulled in and we took some wedding photos.  That was over 5 years ago and it's still my favorite picture!   (plus I had a 86 cutlass supreme at one point so that may be part of why I like it lol.)

Cutsinger_Blog_08_pp_m1268199274_a100_p_

• 6 years later...

I just got my tool box and I have a couple dents in the bigger drawers. Very frustrating after paying this kind of money. I've sent 2 emails to Milwaukee with no response. I will be calling them tomorrow or the next day. I'm willing to pay for a couple of new drawers because I can't seem to find anyone who offers replacement parts. 

12 hours ago, Sphillips said:

I just got my tool box and I have a couple dents in the bigger drawers. Very frustrating after paying this kind of money. I've sent 2 emails to Milwaukee with no response. I will be calling them tomorrow or the next day. I'm willing to pay for a couple of new drawers because I can't seem to find anyone who offers replacement parts. 

Hopefully they stand behind their product, though the damage was likely caused during shipping.  I know Stuart at ToolGuyd has mentioned his hesitance to have toolboxes and such delivered due to the chance of receiving damaged goods.  

• 2 weeks later...