M18 Fuel brushless Impact 2653

Trident167

I have owned this driver for over one year and love it. I think it's quite powerfull and fast.

There aren't too many others that can compete in terms of speed and power. This brings me to my issue with this impact driver. 

The Milwaukkee seems to have a very hard impact system. Compared to the newer Makitas, it's very agressive on the screws. The Makita on the other hand is a lot more gentle on the impact. The Milwaukee requires a bit more force to keep the bits in the screw heads because it wants to bounce off. 

Anyone notice this compared to Makita or perhaps other impacts?

nice thing about 3 settings is you can set it to different speeds, I notice if I have it on setting 3 on hardwood it bounces like crazy but set it to setting 2 and drives in nicely....... 

I have owned this driver for over one year and love it. I think it's quite powerfull and fast.

There aren't too many others that can compete in terms of speed and power. This brings me to my issue with this impact driver.

The Milwaukkee seems to have a very hard impact system. Compared to the newer Makitas, it's very agressive on the screws. The Makita on the other hand is a lot more gentle on the impact. The Milwaukee requires a bit more force to keep the bits in the screw heads because it wants to bounce off.

Anyone notice this compared to Makita or perhaps other impacts?

I have the top of the line makita xdt09/td148 and in hardwood I have to apply a lot of force to keep it in the screw. I think it's more due to speed than impacts. My gen 2 fuel impact stays in the screw better because the lower rpms. I like the makita a little better though because it's lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There aren't too many others that can compete in terms of speed and power.

I just got a 2653.  I hope it is as powerful as you say.

nice thing about 3 settings is you can set it to different speeds, I notice if I have it on setting 3 on hardwood it bounces like crazy but set it to setting 2 and drives in nicely....... 

I seem to only like the higher speed setting. Speed two is easier on the screw but is so slow it drives me crazy.

I have the top of the line makita xdt09/td148 and in hardwood I have to apply a lot of force to keep it in the screw. I think it's more due to speed than impacts. My gen 2 fuel impact stays in the screw better because the lower rpms. I like the makita a little better though because it's lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're tight in terms of speed. It causes the bit to jump a lot more. The Makita is a bit more gentle though and feels more refined. I just picked up the same td148 "Black Ninja" from Japan. It's a really nice toy.

http://instagify.com/media/1113353604240421486_1203397475

In this video you can see td148 in action next to the Milwaukee.

Try switching to a different bit brand. I had the same issue and started using the black dewalt bits or try the new Milwaukee ones that just came out I have not tried them yet also or could be cheap screws also could try the star deck screws. Hope this helps

Are you referring to the Shockwave bits? The screws are a lot inferior nowadays and that's a fact. I have noticed a huge difference over the last few years but that's for another thread.

I just got a 2653.  I hope it is as powerful as you say.

You will like it for sure. It's still a very strong impact driver and a workhorse at that.