Ryobi One+ 18v SDS Rotary Hammer

Moze

To this point, I kind of view my Ryobi collection as 'affordable specialty tools'...nothing I'd dedicate toward rigorous work. Not due to any negative experiences, it's just I have other tools for that purpose. My current collection consists of the cordless miter saw, floodlight, spotlight, and string trimmer. 

I have had in the past and have some more pretty involved jobs coming up requiring quite a bit of drilling in concrete. While I know the Bosch can take the abuse, I'm considering getting the Ryobi SDS (bare tool) to use while the Bosch is cooling down. 

Not a clue how it performs though and was wondering if anyone here has used one?

i remember a comparison where the previous model was level with some of the pro brands with a much smaller price tag. I assume the newer model is better again...

found it:

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/drills-drivers-cordless/review-cordless-18v-sds-plus-rotary-hammer-round-up/6207/

• 1 month later...

I own the original version and it worked great. I was able to drill about 20 3/8" holes 6" deep into solid concrete and it only took one battery and a little more of a second. Also @Moze, I also wish the new version was available here in the U.S. Where did you hear about when it was coming out? Ryobi currently has several tools available only in Europe and Australia that I would purchase in a moment if I could.

To this point, I kind of view my Ryobi collection as 'affordable specialty tools'...nothing I'd dedicate toward rigorous work. Not due to any negative experiences, it's just I have other tools for that purpose. My current collection consists of the cordless miter saw, floodlight, spotlight, and string trimmer.

I have had in the past and have some more pretty involved jobs coming up requiring quite a bit of drilling in concrete. While I know the Bosch can take the abuse, I'm considering getting the Ryobi SDS (bare tool) to use while the Bosch is cooling down.

Not a clue how it performs though and was wondering if anyone here has used one?

In between drilling holes if you hold the trigger and just let the motor turn full blast it will cool the drill better and faster than just sitting it down. Most company's recommend you do that any way. I do it with all my tools after working the tool really hard. No need for two drills. Promise.

Miller

• Like 1