Some oldies

Fazzman

20151205_085533.jpg

Back in '92 or '93ish when I was still in high school I began buying my own tools,These Craftsman wrenches were some of my first purchases back when they were the real deal. I grew up around machinists,mechanics,and fabricators so I guess my addiction was started really young,just got worse once I started working hehe.

• Like 1

Yeah,back then I knew of Proto and such but couldnt afford them at the time. After high school I went into the Air Force as an aircraft mechanic,my buddies and I used to build up cars and trucks for a while.   Sadly alot of my older tools got stolen and what not over the years. I still have some of my old school Craftsman Screwdrivers,sockets and ratchets too.

That sucks man, I hate thiefs. It's great that you still have some of the stuff, it's a shame Craftsman has fallen like it has...I'm hoping that when Sears/Kmart finally croaks that they sell off the Craftsman name to a company that wants to restore it to what it once was.

Fazz: I did they same thing. Started buying tools in high school and kicking myself in the ass for not buying more.

I bet you're thinking the same thing I do when looking back at the tools I bought in high school...Damn, I wish I had bought a lot more because prices for the same quality tools have gone up 500% or more. Thanks for sharing :)

Although it seems like tools are more expensive now, adjusted for inflation, tools are more affordable now than at any point in history that I can find. A lot of it has to do with Asian imports and the fact that the import market has forced USA manufacturers to remain at cheaper prices to compete.

Here is an article I wrote dealing with that very issue:

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2014/07/craftsman-tools-in-retrospect-a-50-year-comparison/

1964 was the height of Craftsman and fell on the tail end of the most favorable economic times in American history. After the post WWII boom had time to pan out yet still before

• Like 1