m12 combo kit

Matty Alou

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, im new here and was hoping u might be able to hell me with sumthing. Its prob a stupid question but iv not experienced this before so hopefully sumone could explain.

So I just bought the MILWAUKEE M12 PP2A-402C 12V BRUSHLESS COMBI Drill.

Its a great drill and im loving it. I just have a question about the ratchet chuck. So on any other drill iv had, u hold the chuck an pull the trigger to open and close it, to release or insert a bit. But with this drill u have to turn the to the right to release and left till u hear the rarchet click amd tighten.

So am just chexkin this is the only way to do this an i just gotta get used to doin it by hand as holding the chuck an pullin the trigger doesnt work on this drill is that correct.

Sorry if this is a dumb question just hoping I dont have a faulty ome or sumthin.

Correct. This drill has a ratcheting chuck. Spinning it with a bit in place will contract the prongs and grab the bit, but to tighten it fully, you'll need to give it an extra twist manually until it clicks into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there, im new here and was hoping u might be able to hell me with sumthing. Its prob a stupid question but iv not experienced this before so hopefully sumone could explain.

So I just bought the MILWAUKEE M12 PP2A-402C 12V BRUSHLESS COMBI Drill.

Its a great drill and im loving it. I just have a question about the ratchet chuck. So on any other drill iv had, u hold the chuck an pull the trigger to open and close it, to release or insert a bit. But with this drill u have to turn the to the right to release and left till u hear the rarchet click amd tighten.

So am just chexkin this is the only way to do this an i just gotta get used to doin it by hand as holding the chuck an pullin the trigger doesnt work on this drill is that correct.

Sorry if this is a dumb question just hoping I dont have a faulty ome or sumthin.

My dewalt is like that. I just got use to tighting with my hand. It easier on the Chuck too. A guy that work for me used the motor to Chuck his bits and the internal chuck messed up and had to send it off. It got to where you couldn't take the bit out.

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

Hey miller and kdv, thanks for ur reply. I was a lil worried cause if u try to release or tighten by holding the trigger its nit great an makes a sound like its not supposed to be done like that. I will have ti vet used to the new system. In the long run I can see it is better an will hold the bits alot bettwr.

Hey Carl. Ye im a plumber. Am 33 and veen plumbin for around 7 years. Been using companies drills for awhile but they pretty shit and wantedy own stuff for private work so have started get my own gear. Am lookin at a cordless sds next, thinking of treating myself to fuel m18 just need to decide which one, therss a 26mm in concrete an 28mm in concrete so wanna chexk out size diff. Tryin to keep the amount of drills I have dowb so my combi will be used up to 10mm and then 15mm and up sds.

Anyone have the sds, what are thwy like

Which sds? 12 volt is only 2 mode and for 5/8", you would be better off going to 18v and getting the hammer drill or a bigger rotary hammer.

As for the chucks manufactures do not recommend tightening the chuck with the motor, should do it by hand. Having a metal chuck it'll save your hand too.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(sic)

Hey Carl. Ye im a plumber. Am 33 and veen plumbin for around 7 years. Been using companies drills for awhile but they pretty shit and wantedy own stuff for private work so have started get my own gear. Am lookin at a cordless sds next, thinking of treating myself to fuel m18 just need to decide which one, therss a 26mm in concrete an 28mm in concrete so wanna chexk out size diff. Tryin to keep the amount of drills I have dowb so my combi will be used up to 10mm and then 15mm and up sds.

Kinda the same story, getting my own tools to use for private.

Looking real hard at the sds drills too.

So what part of the world you hail from?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk