Diablo Pruning Reciprocating Saw Blades

redmed

I'm waiting for some Diablo Pruning Reciprocating Saw Blades I ordered to prune trees and use in place of my chainsaw when I only need to make one or two cuts, instead of starting the chainsaw.  From what I have found these Diablo blades http://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-9-in-x-5-Teeth-per-in-Fleam-Ground-Pruning-Reciprocating-Saw-Blade-5-Pack-DS0905FG5/203464786?keyword=203464786

that seem to fit my purpose.  This will be my first use of a Reciprocating Saw so I was wondering if anybody have used these blades or had found some other blades to cut green wood.

• Like 1

I bought some cheap ones on Amazon a few years ago, no name brand but they work pretty good. They might be Milwaukee...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit:41bacdbe84069247768c2689e43ac9ba.jpg

I paid less than that but they work pretty good, I'm sure them diablos will eat green wood for breakfast.

I use my Porter Cable Tigersaw specifically for pruning tasks,It actually works fairly awesome. One day when I get my fuel sawzall I want I could probably blast through larger tree branches and use 12" blades better. I think my pruning blades are made by Lenox and also some Bosch ones. Even thou I have a fair amount of Diablo blades I dont think i have one of their pruning blades yet,they just arent priced right for me.

I dont find the pruning blades much faster and theyre probably slower for large branches because they dont clear chips in one direction.  Anything really will work for branches.

Slower than "nail & wood" demo saws?

I picked these pruning saws figuring that they would have a more aggressive cut. 

The blades got delivered tonight and I won't have time to try them out for the next two days. :-[  

Nice buy, let us know how they work.

I have thought about getting some before but just use whatever wood blade I have. Usually it's a millwakee or Diablo blade.

For small branches I love my fuel sawzaw. Its slower then a chainsaw but usually easier. No time spent getting out starting an putting away chainsaw. It's also a lot easier to handle an probably safer then a chainsaw.

Slower than "nail & wood" demo saws?

I picked these pruning saws figuring that they would have a more aggressive cut. 

The blades got delivered tonight and I won't have time to try them out for the next two days. :-[  

I think it depends a lot on the application.  I once cut down a tree large enough I was basically doing a plunge cut.  One big benefit of the pruning blades is with the negative rake and cutting in both directions you can cut with the shoe off the branch and not too much vibration.  Other blades can through you around.

Best thing I've found for large branches (or any large wood really) is something with a very low tooth count.  I actually found some carbide ones with something like 2tpi but I don't know the brand and any markings have long since worn off literally dragging them through the mud.  Best thing I've ever found for cutting roots and second only to a chainsaw on thick wood above ground.  If I every see them again I'd stock up on a dozen in an instant.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought these Skil pruning blades off of Amazon. 

http://www.amazon.com/94100-05-Pruning-Reciprocating-Blades-5-Pack/dp/B000BMBPGU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450764330&sr=8-1&keywords=skil+pruning+blade

I cut through many 2"-4" branches and two ~6-7" branches with one blade in my Bosch 12v reciprocating saw. Went through two of the 2ah batteries that day. I couldn't have asked for anything better. These worked great.