The Wood Whisperer is unloading his Festool collection

regopit

That's pretty cool. I have been following Mark for years (not in the creepy old man on the city bus way) and have watched his shop go from small garage to Amazing. I enjoy his thinking on this new shift of tools and look forward to what he can turn out with the new lineup.

Agreed. He actually began this a while back and had a video showing some of the new Bosch tools coming into the shop. Festool has done some pretty stupid marketing moves and this was one of them. Marc also has quite a bit of integrity in the manner in which he is doing this.

• Like 1

You have to wonder what their marketing team is doing. This old house has featured Festool for years. It could also be the show themselves but you have to wonder what is going on over there. They are kind of like Mafell, "verse GerMan, ve needz noz otherz!!!!"

With me I feel that Festool has almost got the attitude that we can charge what we want because we are Festool. Yes they make some great stuff like Mark said in his write up. Tools like the CT Vacs, and the Dominos. The Rotex, TS55. Two years ago when I was at Festool Connect I was part of a focus group to look at a jobsite table saw. It was a very nice saw but the price point they were talking about was around $1,800. They went around the asking what everyone thought about the saw, and I was the only one to say the price was to high. The R&D rep was from Germany and she looked me dead in the eye and said " We are Festool and we are the Elite tool company and we feel the price is fair. I looked at her and said I don't care if you are Jesus Christ the price is to high. Maybe that's why I have not been asked back as part of the focus group. I'm not part of the festool cult.

• Like 5

A good reputation is not just having great products, it is like a relationship there are many facets. You can easily shoot yourself in the foot if you become arrogant or conceited..... 

With me I feel that Festool has almost got the attitude that we can charge what we want because we are Festool. Yes the make some great stuff like Mark said in his write up. Tools like the CT Vacs, and the Dominos. The Rotex, TS55. Two years ago when I was at Festool Connect I was part of a focus group to look at a jobsite table saw. It was a very nice saw but the price point they were talking about was around $1,800. They went around the asking what everyone thought about the saw, and I was the only one to say the price was to high. The R&D rep was from Germany and she looked me dead in the eye and said " We are Festool and we are the Elite tool company and we feel the price is fair. I looked at her and said I don't care if you are Jesus Christ the price is to high. Maybe that's why I have not been asked back as part of the focus group. I'm not part of the festool cult.

You have the festoolies that will buy anything that has that green on it, and I'm not saying they don't make good tools but $1,800 bucks for a table saw is crazy.

You have the festoolies that will buy anything that has that green on it, and I'm not saying they don't make good tools but $1,800 bucks for a table saw is crazy.

Hehe they don't have a table saw dude!

But they do make awesome tools. Of course I've got just about every brand in my shop but I love my green. I will say they are quite an arrogant company but they do stand behind their products. I just wish they'd stand behind lower pricing.

Hehe they don't have a table saw dude!

But they do make awesome tools. Of course I've got just about every brand in my shop but I love my green. I will say they are quite an arrogant company but they do stand behind their products. I just wish they'd stand behind lower pricing.

They have one just not here in the states

• 2 weeks later...

I know Festools are expensive but,  their business model seems to be to make the best tool they can with the best materials that are put together by adults in their country who make a livable wage. The cost is what it is. Thats why Festools are made so well and why Germany is a economic powerhouse with a high GDP and a high standard of living. I wish more American Manufactures would have similar business models. Our tool companies start with a price then build the tool to that price sometimes cutting corners and they outsource the manufacturing to other countries with a extremely cheap labor and deplorable working conditions in some of the factories. Dewalt and Craftsman have brought some of their manufacturing back to the USA and I give them credit for that. Remember with most things in life you get what you pay for. I would rather not buy Starbucks everyday or $10 micro brews and instead put that money towards good tools that will last a lifetime. Just my 2 cents

They are a company and like any company their aim is still making the most profit.

They do keep themselves to a high standard tho. Dont want to bash that !

But as AVE's in depth teardown of the plunge saw TS55 has shown us even festool takes the cheaper way sometimes to cut down on production costs.

But thats true for every thing in the world these days i think.