6ah and 9ah battery coming!!!

Trident167

Not all pictures show up from tapatalk

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's always been like that, I just got used to it. If I really want to see pics, ill open up web view by tapping the menu button at top right corner and they always show up that way

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah it's always been like that, I just got used to it. If I really want to see pics, ill open up web view by tapping the menu button at top right corner and they always show up that way

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've actually never had any problems seeing pictures from tapatalk. Even now, about half of the picture posts show pictures with no problem.

15 minutes ago, khariV said:

I've actually never had any problems seeing pictures from tapatalk. Even now, about half of the picture posts show pictures with no problem.

I never really had issues until the update, now its about maybe 25% of pictures won't load

With regards to the "coming soon" aspect of this thread, does anyone know when "soon" is? From most of what I've read it seemed like January was when both 6.0 and a 9.0 would be in the wild but we are almost in March and I have yet to see or hear a word. The only reason I would like to know is this past week three of us have been cutting all day everyday, and I'm burning through 5.0s at a good pace in my Fuel Sawzall, our brushed Makita is eating 4.0s for breakfast (but their fast charger is awesome), and we only have enough power for one corded Sawzall. 

1 minute ago, Bremon said:

With regards to the "coming soon" aspect of this thread, does anyone know when "soon" is? From most of what I've read it seemed like January was when both 6.0 and a 9.0 would be in the wild but we are almost in March and I have yet to see or hear a word. The only reason I would like to know is this past week three of us have been cutting all day everyday, and I'm burning through 5.0s at a good pace in my Fuel Sawzall, our brushed Makita is eating 4.0s for breakfast (but their fast charger is awesome), and we only have enough power for one corded Sawzall. 

Not sure if it helps but the 9.0 is supposed to release when the fuel sds max releases

• 3 weeks later...
Would it be better to have a 9ah 18v battery or to have a 4ah 36v battery like they use on most OPE?

Then your writing off all your m18 users and pushing them into another platform... Good on Milwaukee to come up with something and keep it on the current line so you don't need a different charger, new batteries and so forth.

Jimbo

Jimbo's right, it's all about the ways to let users extend into a higher power platform instead of jumping into one.

Makita and Metabo use two battery packs, Milwaukee uses bigger batteries of the same voltage, and I hear dewalt is aiming to one-up milwaukee with voltage switching batteries so a 18V x 4AH -> 36V x 2AH

• Like 1

A 2.0 amp hour 36 volt sounds like a joke. Anything that needs a 36v battery isn't going to run long off 2.0. Cool idea. I'll wait to see their implementation. Dewalt rarely impresses me the way Makita or Milwaukee do.

It's a start to something... Look how far battery technology has come, would you have thought 20 years ago we'd have cordless tools rivaling the power of corded tools? I agree 2 ah seems low but I'm intrigued at the application.

Jimbo

• Like 1

Lol no, but 20 years ago I was in 4th grade so power tool technology was less of a concern than the latest Nintendo, and what was packed in my lunch. I appreciate what you're saying, but that seems like the first gen of an Apple product; ie, don't buy until they've iterated on the initial product.

• Like 2

Lol no, but 20 years ago I was in 4th grade so power tool technology was less of a concern than the latest Nintendo, and what was packed in my lunch. I appreciate what you're saying, but that seems like the first gen of an Apple product; ie, don't buy until they've iterated on the initial product.

Those were the good old days eh? No screen looking!!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

A 2.0 amp hour 36 volt sounds like a joke. Anything that needs a 36v battery isn't going to run long off 2.0. Cool idea. I'll wait to see their implementation. Dewalt rarely impresses me the way Makita or Milwaukee do.

Really?  Because ego makes 56V x 2.0AH batteries (well technically 50.4V)

The thing is to get the most efficiency, power output, voltage input, and motor size should all scale together, so switching the number of series cells would be useful for everything from circular saws to miter saws.

I agree Dewalt is late to the game on a lot of things, but this could be a big step forward.

• Like 2

Just because something is made, doesn't mean it's good. I'm not denying it could be a big step forward, I'm saying I'm confident it won't be right out of the gate.

Ego makes multiple batteries all the way up to 7.5 AH. If I was getting into a new battery platform with limited amount of equipment 2.0s would not be what I would be after. 

Maybe the world of brushless outdoor equipment is different than my experience with power tools, but if I'm jumping into a new platform I want as few batteries as possible, and the batteries need to be able to run everything for a reasonable amount of time. 2.0 doesn't fit the bill for that, in my experience, but again, maybe at higher voltages its a different story and I will be proven wrong (despite my possibly negative tone I welcome pleasant surprises).

6 hours ago, Bremon said:

Just because something is made, doesn't mean it's good. I'm not denying it could be a big step forward, I'm saying I'm confident it won't be right out of the gate.

Ego makes multiple batteries all the way up to 7.5 AH. If I was getting into a new battery platform with limited amount of equipment 2.0s would not be what I would be after. 

Maybe the world of brushless outdoor equipment is different than my experience with power tools, but if I'm jumping into a new platform I want as few batteries as possible, and the batteries need to be able to run everything for a reasonable amount of time. 2.0 doesn't fit the bill for that, in my experience, but again, maybe at higher voltages its a different story and I will be proven wrong (despite my possibly negative tone I welcome pleasant surprises).

Yeah 2.0 is on the lower end for ego (and all the other outdoor tools like dewalt's existing line that has 2.0) but they still do a good job from my experience.  Sorry I should have specified that it isn't just made, but works well too from my experience.

The whole point of switching voltage is you don't need to jump into a new platform.  Maybe your old batteries wouldn't be compatible, but as you buy new batteries you could get the switching variety and gradually open up a new range of tools.

• Like 1

Yes, I see your point Jeff. I could, for example, use a pair of 5.0s to run a string trimmer or blower for small projects and could add enough batteries to the toolbox that swapping them out not only isn't a huge inconvenience, but buying more batteries benefits any project I could do because they'll benefit all of my tools. There does seem to be some real potential there. 

• 4 weeks later...