Metabo 18v LTX Combi Drill and Impact driver Kit.

wayneburgess

I had some Panasonic tools at one time before my van was broken into and they were stolen and they were fantastic.

Not the most powerful but very very good quality and stood up to everything our wonderful British weather could throw.

I have friends with Festool and i think it is the cost that has them kept in nice clean places LOL.

i have seen guys on site with the track saw and doing some serious cutting and they were very very happy with them.

Protool is a make that I have very little experience with, but again have had nobody telling me anything negative which must be a good thing.

I have had a very good experience with my Metabo tools but U.S readers may find them harder to get,more expensive, and if Dan and Eric's experience is anything to go by the tools they have been testing do not have some of the qualities and features that are on the tools when sold on the European market.

Dewalt for me seem to be the tool manufacturer who seem to come top as far as products being available both sides of the pond, ease of use, and customer service.

Although my Son loves Milwaukee,which again have been great tools but customer service over here has a bad reputation.

You can spend megga bucks and go down the Hilti route,but then again a lot of guys had them on fleet and when the trades went quiet they were left having to find big bucks every month for tools that were sat idol so there are many things to consider.

I was a fan of Dewalt a few years ago as I have said, but the change over to the new range has been clumsy and expensive to follow as you would have needed to constantly spend on new tools to keep up,and I had quality issues that dogged me on site that I have not had with other tools.

it does seem however that Dewalt have been working hard to develop and improve, and i am sure we will hear from readers how this latest kit performs long term. :)

• 1 month later...

I was a fan of Dewalt a few years ago as I have said, but the change over to the new range has been clumsy and expensive to follow as you would have needed to constantly spend on new tools to keep up,and I had quality issues that dogged me on site that I have not had with other tools.

it does seem however that Dewalt have been working hard to develop and improve, and i am sure we will hear from readers how this latest kit performs long term. :)

There has been some speculation that the change Dewalt has been up to is moving production from Mexico to China....

New production facility = new tools.

• 1 year later...

I think the guy that wants the radio's best bet is to contract Metabo's offices in the USA or Canada directly and see if they can't possibly find one for him from a distributor/vendor that sells Metabo. I looks like they discontinued selling it in the states fairly quickly. It makes sense as Metabo just does does not sell cordless tools in large numbers in the USA. I wish it was different but being limited on ways to purchase the tools limits their growth. You can't get a chance to get a hands on with them unless a tool supplier around you carries Metabo cordless, and when I did stop into the stores it was mostly corded tools like their grinders and metal working tools. The only way to get the building trades tools is to buy online

Working  and emigrate form country  to country   and seems I stuck here in Canada ...

sad    to see ppl try to buy good pro tools here   and hard to get them in Canada   -  I  upgraded all  my tools from  Milwaukee  to Metabo - reason  the battery  cant handle in cold weather here in Alberta , also  metabo cordless tools  is the most  powerful   than many other brands also    good looking  and  many features.

I am    Metabo  fan  , working with metabo tools since  1994, coming from Europe  and   moved in Canada  almost 8 years ago.

like I said above I have been working with  metabo cordless tools   below 30 C   no problem   I keep  my tools In the van  so   doesn't matter how cold was the next morning  my tools was ready  for work  (  btw I work like plumber )   I upgraded  my corded tools in to cordless  tools  and I m proud  of my  investment and it worth it  save  a lot of time !

I have try it   so many brands  ( metabo , ridgid ,  Makita,dewalt, Milwaukee,elu  Kress, Bosch and some Russian brands which I don't remember the name brand 

I m  watching my coworkers having  Dewalt and Milwaukee  cordless tools  can't  even use   below 15 C .

as metabo Slogan  "work don't play  "  and is true :)

also  try Elu  tools Aeg  Bavaria  brand where BMW  is made   are pretty tools almost  same power as Metabo .

Anyways  if someone can  help me to find a Metabo  jobsite radio  14-18 V   110V  plug   will be my last  tool from metabo and I have  all I need :)

thank you !

• Like 2

They have just gone to a mad level now Pal.

They have upgraded virtually every tool in the 18v and 12v ranges and taken them through the roof.

also Brushless but More powerful not less like everyone else.

And the latest new torches are just amazing solid aluminium heads with multiple l.e.d and for 12 and 18v

• Like 1

Darn straight Travis! Bring on the Festool for the Snob! Also Wayne, I just bought a new Metabo SXE400 on eBay for $76!!!!! Guy bought it and never used it even once! Wicked stoked. My first Metabo tool. Will look nice next to my Festool RO90 :)

• Like 2