circular saw

jon burgess

Should be able to cut way more than that. Milwaukee is probably the strongest of those three if you get the fuel model. I like Bosch stuff The Bosch if I remember right is 6 1/2 instead of 7 1/4. I f you arent using it all that much it wouldnt really matter which one you get honestly. Makita makes a pretty sweet one too.  Id find the platform that offers the most tools that you would be using.

Id keep using your grandfathers saw they havent changed much in design. And use the Cordless as a backup or smaller jobs.   Today Magnesium skilsaws are much lighter so if its something you will be using alot then there's a reason to upgrade.

I can tell you my Dewalt 20v cuts through anything. I have heard the Bosch circular 18v is a phenomenal tool, I have a lot of Bosch cordless tools, just not that one. I am in the process if increasing my Makita tools and will more likely than not get the new Makita brushless circ saw which is going to be a fantastic machine. Milwaukee has an awesome set of 18v Fuel circular saws, arguably the best (to many members (unbiased.....not!) here) in my opinion the non fuel version sucks (I had it and got rid of it a few years ago). I would also add that Ridged just introduced some new brushless tools and one of those ones is a 7-1/4" circular 18v. Regardless, most cordless 18v saws should do you fine if they come in Blue, Yellow, Red, Teal or Green or Orange.

• Like 1

I have the brushless Makita and the Bosch cordless saws. The Makita is a phenomenal unit. Aside from the Bosch not being brushless it also is a great saw. I even have the small Ryobi 18v cordless saw and it will even work in a pinch! I haven't used the Milwaukee saw but there is no doubt in my mind it is a great unit as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The new Ryobi is better they upgraded it to a 6 1/2" blade now it also has better specs all around. Budget wise your going to have a hard time beating this Ridgid holiday deal $179 Brushless hammer drill and circular saw with a 2.0 and 4.0ah battery for $179. You also get the lifetime service agreement with Ridgid so you batteries and tools are warrantied for life as long as you fill out the paperwork and follow the rules.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-Compact-Hammer-Drill-Driver-and-Circular-Saw-Combo-Kit/206127576;jsessionid=E2E7EA8DE3E779D8CE73019A7898FA1A

• Like 1

I wanna see a pic of the 1950 skilsaw!!!! Can you take one and post it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

eef950fb755e5d11cca230ad13b16db8.jpg I have other tool my grandfather used on the form called " my grandfather tools" if you want to see more. The blades where made of steel and on one of them you can see the word skil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That is awsome i love old classic tools

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

my grandfather was a contractor. His speciality was brick building. He even built his own house without a college degree( never went). He retired in the 1990s

Cutting brick is a dusty job and dust kills tools, to see this saw still going just shows how well built it is.

it's a good 20lb I just used it today to cut 1/2in plywood for a door. No issue when using it. It has not been used since the late 90s

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am going to hang all of my grandfather tools on a piece of wood and hang it in my room

Sounds like a great tribute to great man!  Your post made my day.  There's still hope for this world....and young men like you are the reason.

If you want to see some of my grandfather tools he used in the field from 1950-1999. I created a form called My Grandfather tools" I still have more pic to add next time I go to his house he made out of bricks without any collage degree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1