circular saw

jon burgess

The brushless ridgid works well. And if you can find one of the kits still available from the holidays you can get a great deal.

I picked up this holiday kit and the saw is real capable.  The rpm's are a little low but it doesn't bog down easy at all.  Nice to have the 7 1/4" blade.  For medium usage I don't think you can go wrong.

if you're not cutting regularly, why spend 4 x the price getting a BL cordless when a corded will serve?

I would agree but it's $139 for a brushless drill and circular saw and two batteries with those tools.  That's actually the same price as the makita or dewalt magnesium circular saws and you get a drill too.  Corded would be a good option otherwise but this is a very strange situation.

• Like 1

I would agree but it's $139 for a brushless drill and circular saw and two batteries with those tools. That's actually the same price as the makita or dewalt magnesium circular saws and you get a drill too. Corded would be a good option otherwise but this is a very strange situation.

I believe that the Ridgid brushless drill / saw kit is $179 which is still a great price for what you're getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the milwaukee tiltloc 7 1/4 is a great corded saw for under $100 I myself like the cordless fuel and I have personally ripped wet 2x4 lengthwise with it like butter wet or not great saw

I think we r all going to have r opinion on which is best, but we all know which is best. Just kidding. Like other have said choose wisely, look at others tools u may need in the future and price them out in different manufacturers. It will give u a ruff idea of what that lines going to cost u in the long run.

The Dewalt cordless saws have a good run time. I borrowed one when I was remodeling my kitchen and bathroom. Its a lot easier to grab and make quick cuts when you don't have to worry about a cord. I haven't used any other brands so I can't give a comparison.

best thing about my cordless circular saw is it is light and so much easier to run up a ladder do a cut and carry on......kinda like redbull, gives ya wings.....

Regarding corded vs. cordless, that would depend entirely on your needs. If portability or convenience is a priority then go with cordless otherwise you may want to go with corded. Also is money a concern and are you already part of any tool family? I have a Ryobi cordless circular saw and it has suited me fine. I have been able to make 20+ cuts through 2x4 and several through 1/2" thick plywood with ease and the 4 mAh battery was still at about 50%. If you are making cuts through hardwood though you may want to go with a corded model.

Regarding corded vs. cordless, that would depend entirely on your needs. If portability or convenience is a priority then go with cordless otherwise you may want to go with corded.  I have a Ryobi cordless circular saw (the 5 1/2" with laser one) and it has suited me fine. I have been able to make 20+ cuts through 2x4 and several through 1/2" thick plywood with ease and the 4 mAh battery was still at about 50%. If you are making cuts through hardwood though you may want to go with a corded model.

• 1 month later...