What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

19 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

Yea I saw those dedicated Romex strippers. I really like them too. I figured it I could only get one, the ones I got were best for now

Yeah, for around the house you'll definitely get a lot more use out of the ones you bought.

18 minutes ago, Craigh9916 said:

Love that drill I have the 10.8v version of it and I love it the way it fits in your hand is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really does feel comfortable!

It would be great in 10.8v (perhaps the best 10.8v/12v drill out there?).

It really does feel comfortable!

It would be great in 10.8v (perhaps the best 10.8v/12v drill out there?).

It's I great and I have a 5.2 ah battery that I use on it as well as my impact driver and the battery is amazing it ups the power from the 2ah and the run time I can't describe you really can't flatten the thing it just keeps going

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craigh9916 said:

Next time I'm in the van will take a photo of the bs quick with the 5.2 battery so you get an idea of the size I bet it's not much different from yours

That would be great.

How do you find the belt clip? I find it works quite well, I thought it might sit on a steep angle but it actually sits quite level on your belt.

That would be great.

How do you find the belt clip? I find it works quite well, I thought it might sit on a steep angle but it actually sits quite level on your belt.

I really like it as I do a lot of fascias and guttering so up the ladder it's perfect to hook on my pocket but I do find with the heavier 5.2 battery the tool wants to twist a little when it hangs on the clip but this doesn't really cause any problems

• Like 1

We bought the Dewalt cordless framer last year when it was on a discount when they switched models. Ours supposedly did not have the rapid fire mode. It had the switch but you could not move it. Last week our helper says that switch worked and asks if I knew it could do that. Holy cow!! That is a whole new gun!! I love it even more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overanalyze said:

We bought the Dewalt cordless framer last year when it was on a discount when they switched models. Ours supposedly did not have the rapid fire mode. It had the switch but you could not move it. Last week our helper says that switch worked and asks if I knew it could do that. Holy cow!! That is a whole new gun!! I love it even more

HA that's pretty funny, and pretty cool it actually works.

So i had posted about buying but then returning this set from Lowes:

IMG_20160701_081131577

Turns out my father in law was looking for a replacement drill and I talked him into buying it! So he had an old Dewalt that was failing and it was pretty gutless, so this is going to blow him away, I bet this is the first time he's ever used an impact driver, I'll probably go over this set again when i go there and see how he likes it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Turns out my father in law was looking for a replacement drill and I talked him into buying it! So he had an old Dewalt that was failing and it was pretty gutless, so this is going to blow him away, I bet this is the first time he's ever used an impact driver, I'll probably go over this set again when i go there and see how he likes it

I can understand you buying that in the first place, that sure is tempting to buy for the size. I wish Milwaukee would dump their 2407-20 brushed m12 drill for an ultra compact drill but I guess that would kill their right-angle drill sales.

18 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

IMG_20160701_081131577

The first time I ever used an impact is the reason I am a DeWalt guy. I was helping my neighbor  build a deck and he was using an 18 Volt DeWalt impact and I fell in love. The next sale I bought the DeWalt 20V combo kit and the rest is history!

3 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I can understand you buying that in the first place, that sure is tempting to buy for the size. I wish Milwaukee would dump their 2407-20 brushed m12 drill for an ultra compact drill but I guess that would kill their right-angle drill sales.

OH HEY, speaking of the 2407 drill, i forgot to mention I got one thursday online for $80, two batteries and a charger in the case, but I don't want the case or the charger anyways....

IMG_20160707_231640612

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

but I don't want the case or the charger anyways....

Cases and chargers piling up here too. One of these days I'll probably load them up and take them down to the free table at the transfer station, I guess. Not worth the headache of Craigs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

OH HEY, speaking of the 2407 drill, i forgot to mention I got one thursday online for $80, two batteries and a charger in the case, but I don't want the case or the charger anyways....

Yeah, I'm sure you don't need the charger. You probably have more chargers than I have power tools, haha.

• Like 1