What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Bought a 1/4" hex to 3/8" anvil adapter for my 2753 Fuel. Trying to diversify what t can do. Sitting here a day later with thoughts of torque loss through the adapter, and potential added tool size. Now I'm humming and hawing on a good price I found on a 2754-20. Plus I need to add $138 to my cart for free shipping on my rip fence for my circular saw lol...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Bought a 1/4" hex to 3/8" anvil adapter for my 2753 Fuel. Trying to diversify what t can do. Sitting here a day later with thoughts of torque loss through the adapter, and potential added tool size. Now I'm humming and hawing on a good price I found on a 2754-20. Plus I need to add $138 to my cart for free shipping on my rip fence for my circular saw lol...

I recall a video testing for torque loss had a greater increase in torque retesting a plain socket at the end than some of the extensions showed a decrease in torque.  Stick a 24 inch auger in an impact driver and you realize if there's torque loss you can feel the feedback.

Also check the dimensions on this (someone measured it down in the questions) to see if it fits. https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-95100-Saw-Adjustable-Fence/dp/B0000302RZ/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffmcmillan said:

I recall a video testing for torque loss had a greater increase in torque retesting a plain socket at the end than some of the extensions showed a decrease in torque.  Stick a 24 inch auger in an impact driver and you realize if there's torque loss you can feel the feedback.

Also check the dimensions on this (someone measured it down in the questions) to see if it fits. https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-95100-Saw-Adjustable-Fence/dp/B0000302RZ/

I'm not sure I understand what you mean regarding the torque testing Jeff, but thanks for the Amazon lead. Good old Amazon.ca has the very fence I'm after. I usually don't think to check there for tools.

olletsocmit that looks just like the arrow version that's a staple (...) on job sites. Should be great. I like the belt clip. 

So here is what I came back from my Florida trip with for myself. 5 guys from my crew went , some bought more then me some bought less but this gives an idea of the amount of tools we got. We all made the switch recently from Ridgid / DeWALT to Milwaukee

Milwaukee Vise grips

( 4 ) Milwaukee M18 5.0ah Batteries

( 2 ) Milwaukee M12 4.0ah Batteries

Milwaukee M18 Fuel Sawzall 5.0 Battery , Charger , carry case

Milwaukee M18 Fuel Skill saw

( 2 ) Milwaukee M12 3/8" Ratchet bare tool

Milwaukee M12 Hackzall , 2.0 battery , charger , carry bag

Milwaukee M12 Blue tooth speaker

( 2 ) Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2" Impact High Tourque

Milwaukee M18 Fuel 3/8" Impact

Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1" SDS Rotary Hammer drill

Milwaukee M18 Grinder

Milwaukee M12 4 port charger

023.JPG

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Where were you buying this stuff in Florida? All from a flea market?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or from some guy driving a red cube van in the home depot parking lot......

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SevenOddosFence said:

So here is what I came back from my Florida trip with for myself. 5 guys from my crew went , some bought more then me some bought less but this gives an idea of the amount of tools we got. We all made the switch recently from Ridgid / DeWALT to Milwaukee

Milwaukee Vise grips

( 4 ) Milwaukee M18 5.0ah Batteries

( 2 ) Milwaukee M12 4.0ah Batteries

Milwaukee M18 Fuel Sawzall 5.0 Battery , Charger , carry case

Milwaukee M18 Fuel Skill saw

( 2 ) Milwaukee M12 3/8" Ratchet bare tool

Milwaukee M12 Hackzall , 2.0 battery , charger , carry bag

Milwaukee M12 Blue tooth speaker

( 2 ) Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2" Impact High Tourque

Milwaukee M18 Fuel 3/8" Impact

Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1" SDS Rotary Hammer drill

Milwaukee M18 Grinder

Milwaukee M12 4 port charger

023.JPG

What's the significance of Florida? If you want tax free you gotta head to my home State! Live free or die! Unless of course you own a house then it's more like live poor then die.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

What's the significance of Florida? If you want tax free you gotta head to my home State! Live free or die! Unless of course you own a house then it's more like live poor then die.

I live in tax free NH , we took a trip down to Florida and SC to meet some fence distributers because we are thinking of relocating. In talking to one about tools he introduced us to a guy who was selling a bunch of Milwaukee , Ridgid , ryobi tools. After seeing and feeling how the weather was I honestly don't think I could live and work there. I have never felt heat like it In my life.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, SevenOddosFence said:

I live in tax free NH , we took a trip down to Florida and SC to meet some fence distributers because we are thinking of relocating. In talking to one about tools he introduced us to a guy who was selling a bunch of Milwaukee , Ridgid , ryobi tools. After seeing and feeling how the weather was I honestly don't think I could live and work there. I have never felt heat like it In my life.

No kidding?! I had no idea! My parents and my brother and his family live down there. My wife wants to move down there. I do NOT want to move down there! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

No kidding?! I had no idea! My parents and my brother and his family live down there. My wife wants to move down there. I do NOT want to move down there! 

I have always wanted to move to central Florida until this week. Traffic every single time I drove. Heat I never knew existed , rude foreigners that don't know how to say excuse me or how to stand in line without cutting.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

where we live its not the house ....its the kids in the house........

they are cheap until after high school..........

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SevenOddosFence said:

I have always wanted to move to central Florida until this week. Traffic every single time I drove. Heat I never knew existed , rude foreigners that don't know how to say excuse me or how to stand in line without cutting.

It gets worse and more rude in Winter when the snowbirds come down. The heat is ridiculous, no lie, this was my dashboard at noon on July 5th:

JQEAMcu.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

It gets worse and more rude in Winter when the snowbirds come down. The heat is ridiculous, no lie, this was my dashboard at noon on July 5th:

JQEAMcu.jpg

Holy crap! That's insane. I could never deal with heat like that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

JQEAMcu.jpg

and people still manage to leave children and pets in their cars every year......

• Like 5

1 hour ago, comp56 said:

and people still manage to leave children and pets in their cars every year......

I get soo annoyed when I see people walking their dogs on the sidewalk mid-day, the pavement temp is about 140 degrees...dogs don't wear shoes. WALK THEM ON THE GRASS!

Florida heat is no joke ... Add the humidity and its is plain old dangerous ....

i work outside, many times out on the asphalt ..... It is brutal !!!!!!

11 hours ago, SevenOddosFence said:

• Like 4

Ordered a brushless Dewalt multitool kit this morning. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. I have to watch reviews now to see if it's any good. Apparently I'm into 20v Max now.

After a bit of digging, I could have bought the bare M18 for $60 less, but instead get what seems to be a better tool (likely not that important for OMTs), a bag, 2.0 battery, slow charger, many more included accessories, as well as another Dewalt accessory kit that retail for around $40-50 or so. *shrug*. The Dewalt also comes with a guide for consistent depth of cuts, etc. which will be convenient for my girlfriend (the patch and repair expert re: puppy damage). Worst case scenario I end up with red and yellow lol.

• Like 3