What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I remember when my m12 rotary looked that new... I love it one of my most used m12 tools currently

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you lot use the rotary tools for ? I've never used one and wondered what jobs you used them on instead of other tools just to give me an idea ?

16 minutes ago, Craigh9916 said:

What do you lot use the rotary tools for ? I've never used one and wondered what jobs you used them on instead of other tools just to give me an idea ?

buffing/cutting/polishing/grinding/sanding/carving/material removal/ pretty much everything and all a dremel will do

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Wera myself, have a few kompact kits lying around w so many types of bits I haven't even run into the screws to match. At least I'll be prepared if I do haha.

How are the M12 ratchets? I've been debating replacing my low end ones w a better brand name but the power tool addict in me says "Why not M12?"  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

...then I stopped at a pawn shop and found this guy for $90:

bgQK2BA.jpg

It works well, has good fuses and has calibration stickers. Screen is perfect, including backlight.

It met it's sister:

VodwLaV.jpg

Family photo:

r5pSlCv.jpg

Nice meters BMack, that 87V is in my list, great meter 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That Milwaukee was adopted. 

hahaha. I listened to some auto mechanics recommending it, was a mistake. It's accurate but isn't fast enough for electronics repair. I need to sell it because it's in the way. I have two more DMMs at work, one Fluke 12 and a cheap-o store-stock meter.

3 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Nice meters BMack, that 87V is in my list, great meter 

Thanks, it's a fantastic DMM. There isn't much it can't do, it's also lightning fast. I will warn you, it's pretty big and heavy. I've considered the Agilent/Keysight because of the dual display but they don't respond nearly as quick as the Flukes, even the 115.

41 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Today was a pretty good day for me, started with this kit for $22 from Lowe's:

Then I received my brand new $33 Gearwrench tap and die set from CPO!

Two steals right there. 22 bucks for the Dremel kit is a serious steal.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Family photo:

r5pSlCv.jpg

0041.gif Neener neener neener, I have a better one...

25114698573_f9395d6a1b_b.jpg

Klein CL800 002 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

The Klein is the best of your group as far as build. I love the CL800, built like a tank and I like using it more than the Fluke kit we have at work. Using the Fluke clamp meter side-by-side with the CL800, the poor Fluke felt like a kids toy. I know the Klein was built tough, but still, poor Fluke. Poor, poor Fluke... 0048.gif

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kato said:

0041.gif Neener neener neener, I have a better one...

Klein CL800 002 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

The Klein is the best of your group as far as build. I love the CL800, built like a tank and I like using it more than the Fluke kit we have at work. Using the Fluke clamp meter side-by-side with the CL800, the poor Fluke felt like a kids toy. I know the Klein was built tough, but still, poor Fluke. Poor, poor Fluke... 0048.gif

Fluke's clamp meters feel significantly less robust than their DMMs. You could use any of the Fluke DMMs as blunt weapon and still check continuity afterward.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

I have the Fluke 179, and love it. Gotta make room for the 87V one day....lol

The 179 is a pretty great meter too, I was extremely close to buying one a few days ago on Amazon warehouse. I went to buy it about two hours after I found it and someone had already bought it, I think it was $120. Don't upgrade until you feel like you need to, you'll always want something more expensive. Right now I've been looking at scopemeters, I have a lead on a Tektronics but need to go there when the girls are working so I can get a good price. I want a Fluke but $1100+ for a used scopemeter is a pretty expensive personal investment when we have six Oscilloscopes at the shop.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Fluke's clamp meters feel significantly less robust than their DMMs. You could use any of the Fluke DMMs as blunt weapon and still check continuity afterward.

You can do that with any decent meter. I've got a few Bosch 7677's that would work great as nunchaku if they were chained together.

• Like 2

IMG_20160714_180942660

Decided to try the inkzall stylus since I like having one on me with a pen or in this case it will be on a marker now... it works very well. The ones on the pens I had did not, the rubber would soon tear off....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 4