What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

23 minutes ago, Foneguy said:

NICE SCORE !!

Thanks! Everything is cleaning up nicely too! Already cleaned up the pliers surface rust with the cheap evapo-rust from Amazon(still $15 for a gallon). BTW, if you're used to Knipex don't buy Silver Eagle pliers, they're heavy duty and there's no slop but man are the jaws aligned terribly.

Didn't buy, but Klein sent me a no-contact tester to...uh, test. Hmmm, a tester to test, that sound funny. Nice tester, NCVT-2. Reads low voltage from 12VAC and goes up to 1000VAC. Gonna take it to work and give it a go, see how I like it...

Good deal man, they saw your photos of the meter you got and couldn't resist sending you another item!!

I have the ncvt-3, very similar but with flashlight . Like those Klein's.

I really like my Milwaukee with flashlight in. Wonder what the difference is between the two. I'll check it out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Good deal man, they saw your photos of the meter you got and couldn't resist sending you another item!!

Nah, I signed up for some Klein club of some sort. They had a survey, I filled it out, then they asked if I'd be willing to test a non-contact tester. Of course I said yes. I'd hope that if they saw the photos of the clamp meter they'd ask if they could use them.

I'd let them of course...for a price. Heck, they can send me products and I'll photograph them for free if I get to keep the products.

Klein, if you're listening...that's free photography...great photography, for some of your products, which I'm sure you have plenty of and can spare a few here and there.

• Like 4

So some of you might remember that I bought a Milwaukee 2755-20 bare tool impact wrench, well I decided to return it for the friction ring version. Later as I was about to order it online I had a change of heart and since I've been going back and forth trying to decide. Well today my decision was made for me, found this 2755-20 with battery and rapid charger for $150 at a pawn shop, left with it for $130 :D

NAZvqkV.jpg

Not even scratches on the anvil, looks like someone took it out of the box and put it on the shelf! They also have a Fuel drill, Fuel impact driver, with LED work light, two bags, charger and four batteries for $199. I think I'm going to have to go back for that...but I really would rather the Fuel hammer drill.

• Like 8

Unreal snag BMack! I'm opting for the hog ring version late next month (or at least that's what I'm planning on, but the addict in me might have a moment of weakness). The rapid charger makes me so jealous, they don't come in kits here, only separate at about $90 CAD. Best I can find the 2755/2755B for bare is $180 CAD. Very envious over here haha. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Unreal snag BMack! I'm opting for the hog ring version late next month (or at least that's what I'm planning on, but the addict in me might have a moment of weakness). The rapid charger makes me so jealous, they don't come in kits here, only separate at about $90 CAD. Best I can find the 2755/2755B for bare is $180 CAD. Very envious over here haha. 

Thanks! Honestly, when he opened the accessory tote that was the thing that got me really excited, not that I showed my excitement haha. The battery was a nice surprise too. I'll let you know if I find another rapid charger, I've been eyeing one for a while.

2 hours ago, Shuutr said:

Finally dropped to $35 near me. 8 on the shelf after I grabbed mine. I don't think these sold as well as Ridgid hoped.

Yea, IMO a bit bulky and heavy to use, I prefer my corded PC over the ridgid, nice to have a cordless option though

16 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

eBay find on the magnum drill for 50 bucks shipped, chisel drivers were a shop rewards snag from Sears cost me 10 bucks out of pocket plus I got 20 bucks back in points

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see you getting the points coming through! How do you like those?

Great find on the drill, that thing looks like it's brand new!

22 hours ago, BMack37 said:

So some of you might remember that I bought a Milwaukee 2755-20 bare tool impact wrench, well I decided to return it for the friction ring version. Later as I was about to order it online I had a change of heart and since I've been going back and forth trying to decide. Well today my decision was made for me, found this 2755-20 with battery and rapid charger for $150 at a pawn shop, left with it for $130 :D

NAZvqkV.jpg

Not even scratches on the anvil, looks like someone took it out of the box and put it on the shelf! They also have a Fuel drill, Fuel impact driver, with LED work light, two bags, charger and four batteries for $199. I think I'm going to have to go back for that...but I really would rather the Fuel hammer drill.

SCOREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazon warehouse deal on the kreg miter and t slot. Normally over $40 got it for half off And Brand new! Wish in wouldn't have hesitated and gotten the other one they had. Oh well.

Also picked up two Freud industrial blades. 1 10" combo blade on sale for $35 for the table saw. Tried it out ripping a small piece of ceder and cut like butter. And then 1 12" thin kerf cutoff for the sliding miter saw.

Lastly a makita tilt wobble extension.

909ff6b19af8b7912e87359f850f6103.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I should jump on the USA pry set before you can't get them anymore

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some are reporting on GJ that there are replacements already but they are still made in the USA and have striking caps.

Did you get the 100% points back offer this week too? This is the third week in a row I've received it, I'm starting to run out of things to "buy" haha.

Some are reporting on GJ that there are replacements already but they are still made in the USA and have striking caps.

Did you get the 100% points back offer this week too? This is the third week in a row I've received it, I'm starting to run out of things to "buy" haha.

I did when I bought the laser tips weras then got 20 back when I bought the chisel drivers

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Not sure how you guys keep getting so much in rewards. I struggle to get even $15 over 2 weeks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Recently I've gotten about $20 over two weeks but with coupon codes, I was getting $10 off $20 coupons but the past three weeks it's been $5 off $20 tool coupons. The 100% points back has changed every 2 weeks to every week, with two accounts. I also made a $100 purchase that rewarded $75 worth of points back, that's what I used to buy that Wera bit set and one of the locking pliers holders. Also with ebates I get a few bucks back for every "purchase" I think I have $15 sitting in ebates now. 

It's part luck and I think they have some algorithms for the coupons, the coupons are EXTREMELY helpful.

The 100% back in points have given me $20 on top of the regular points the past three weeks.

• Like 1