What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

3 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Where did you get that? I saw the flyer on makitas website.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm in Australia. I think they released only very recently here.

I bought this from Gasweld for $310 AUD delivered. It looks like they're available pretty much everywhere here. 

• Like 1

I'm in Australia. I think they released only very recently here.

I bought this from Gasweld for $310 AUD delivered. It looks like they're available pretty much everywhere here. 

Gotya. Let us know how you like it. The website didnt give a release for them here from what I remember

• Like 1

Time to take a file to those nutsetters so they lock in an impact driver.

Except they aren't magnetic are they? I have some I would do that to, as your suggestion is an excellent tip, but they aren't magnetic so I don't have much of an incentive to do it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Some more spline-shank bits came. I just can't pass up German-made bits at under $10 each and free shipping.

SplineBits.jpg

Very cool, we use spline as well, sounds like it's a dying breed though since sds max hit the spotlight

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Very cool, we use spline as well, sounds like it's a dying breed though since sds max hit the spotlight

I have 2 large SDS-Max units, but also an older B&D Macho III spline that I use these in. It's also the one I'll loan out to friends. It's out on loan to a plumber buddy right now, in fact. No doubt that's why you can find the deals on them, because they've been kind of supplanted.

Speaking of which, if anyone is looking for an SDS-Max RH, the 1-9/16" Makita AVT one is on clearance at HD's in my area right now, down to $300 currently, from $600. Might be worth checking out in your area.

Makita 11 Amp 1-9/16 in. SDS-MAX AVT Rotary Hammer Drill

• Like 1

Ha sounds like a drug problem. [emoji38]

Lol good one ... I guess I've been living in this little bubble and never knew spline was the disowned stepchild, the big Milwaukee rotary hammer at work is spline and I would hate to think what would happen if we couldn't get replacement bits....it's not a cheap machine

54 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Lol good one ... I guess I've been living in this little bubble and never knew spline was the disowned stepchild, the big Milwaukee rotary hammer at work is spline and I would hate to think what would happen if we couldn't get replacement bits....it's not a cheap machine

You and the thousand others like you are exactly why spline is still around.  Hammers aren't the kind of tool you replace before they're kaput.

ce745e87e07e75137c8ccf64c2fb3a36.jpgI didn't get any run time with this little fella this evening, but I did at least get it out of the box! It came with the 6.2 LiHD battery, I had heard there may be a chance some of the kits had the 5.2 ah battery. Just looking around and messing with all of the moving parts the fit and finish seems really nice. Everything is very smooth and seems really solid. The saw is pretty light with well placed handles making it really easy to carry. I have to finish framing out my shower niche this weekend so I should get a chance to cut a few 2x4's. Nothing really exciting but should at least get a few cuts in. I ended up getting it out the door at Lowes for $190 ( $347 plus several gift cards) couldn't really pass it up. The 8-1/2" blade combined with being able to slide should be more than I will need.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 12

ce745e87e07e75137c8ccf64c2fb3a36.jpgI didn't get any run time with this little fella this evening, but I did at least get it out of the box! It came with the 6.2 LiHD battery, I had heard there may be a chance some of the kits had the 5.2 ah battery. Just looking around and messing with all of the moving parts the fit and finish seems really nice. Everything is very smooth and seems really solid. The saw is pretty light with well placed handles making it really easy to carry. I have to finish framing out my shower niche this weekend so I should get a chance to cut a few 2x4's. Nothing really exciting but should at least get a few cuts in. I ended up getting it out the door at Lowes for $190 ( $347 plus several gift cards) couldn't really pass it up. The 8-1/2" blade combined with being able to slide should be more than I will need.

Should have ordered it online and browsed around and used the 10% coupon code for even more savings!

Should have ordered it online and browsed around and used the 10% coupon code for even more savings!

I just happened to have a meeting in the town where this Lowes was so I just stopped in and grabbed it. I still have enough on gift cards at home depot to grab a 60t diablo blade for it too.

• Like 1

I just happened to have a meeting in the town where this Lowes was so I just stopped in and grabbed it. I still have enough on gift cards at home depot to grab a 60t diablo blade for it too.

Nice. I purchased some Freud industrial blades off Amazon for really good prices. I'd check them out. Supposed to be above their normal diablo blades.

• Like 1

Nice. I purchased some Freud industrial blades off Amazon for really good prices. I'd check them out. Supposed to be above their normal diablo blades.

I figured I would start playing around with different blades to see what I liked on it. I'll have to try those out. I may grab one of the CMT orange blades to try out the next time at Menards.

• Like 2

I figured I would start playing around with different blades to see what I liked on it. I'll have to try those out. I may grab one of the CMT orange blades to try out the next time at Menards.

I have a few cmt router bits that have worked well. Never tried their saw blades.

11 hours ago, kruton said:

You have no idea how incredibly jealous i am right now. Lucky! No lowes has that where i live and i cancelled the one i ordered because it has been 2 months and not even a peep from metabo

• Like 1

You have no idea how incredibly jealous i am right now. Lucky! No lowes has that where i live and i cancelled the one i ordered because it has been 2 months and not even a peep from metabo

That sucks man. I hate to hear that for you especially since you were the one that pointed out the ones that were so close to me. I really had not thought to check the stores in that area.

f2d800b0e13fc2ed07383e3d5a74f160.jpg

$180.00 after HF 20% coupon and Menards 11% match [emoji12]

Does your HD do the 11% rebate match automatically? Or do they make you send it in. Mine will do the hf coupon and am really wanting to get the dewalt planer. Hf has a 25% off coupon starting tomorrow that I would love to use.