What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Grabbed a 60t Diablo on my daily trip to HD. Had a gift card and thought I would try one out for the new miter saw. Getting ready to do the trim work in my bathroom so we will see how she does. 0e92200546c95432c2f0e5df19fa2686.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kruton said:

Grabbed a 60t Diablo on my daily trip to HD. Had a gift card and thought I would try one out for the new miter saw. Getting ready to do the trim work in my bathroom so we will see how she does. 0e92200546c95432c2f0e5df19fa2686.jpg

nice blade I have some in the 10" and 12" flavors.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kruton said:

Any other decent miter saw blades to try out?

https://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-726101-90-Teeth-Tungsten-Carbide/dp/B0006HKB42/ref=sr_1_6?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1470099472&sr=1-6&keywords=hitachi

I use those, but i mostly work with shitty plywood.

I've mainly only used Diablo for my circular saws. I figured with the new miter I might as well broaden my horizons!

13 minutes ago, kruton said:

I've mainly only used Diablo for my circular saws. I figured with the new miter I might as well broaden my horizons!

i used to use freud/diablo but the ones I linked are the only ones that have a super clean cut on big box ply wood, everyone i know swears by freud but i just use the same hitachi blade I've had for years.

53 minutes ago, comp56 said:

Ooh very nice, very nice indeed, got a Woodworking II 40 tooth on the table saw at father in laws shop, they put quite a bit of carbide on, makes it well worth sharpening, which we just recently did

That's a beauty, was that from Amazon? I was keeping tabs on a Wiha kit on warehouse deals, not sure if it was that model. Looks like a great kit, plus Wiha is fun to say

Kctool deal a few weeks ago

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The new 300mm precision triangle from Woodpeckers came in yesterday. I'll post a picture when I can!

Do you have anything else from Woodpeckers? There stuff looks really nice, just a bit pricey.

26 minutes ago, kruton said:

Do you have anything else from Woodpeckers? There stuff looks really nice, just a bit pricey.

Yeah I actually have several tools Kruton. I've got a 6" triangle, a couple of squares, corner clamps, a bevel gauge and this triangle as well as the Paolini rule which is absolutely awesome. I have been lucky and have monitored and subscribed to their site and they have sales occasionally but Toolnut sells their tools too and offers free shipping. Also to note that I have a couple of their one time tools but lately some of them have been super expensive and serve no legitimate purpose that can't be replicated with a cheaper alternative. Regardless, super nice tools that I have and the quality is seriously good.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kruton said:

Yeah I actually have several tools Kruton. I've got a 6" triangle, a couple of squares, corner clamps, a bevel gauge and this triangle as well as the Paolini rule which is absolutely awesome. I have been lucky and have monitored and subscribed to their site and they have sales occasionally but Toolnut sells their tools too and offers free shipping. Also to note that I have a couple of their one time tools but lately some of them have been super expensive and serve no legitimate purpose that can't be replicated with a cheaper alternative. Regardless, super nice tools that I have and the quality is seriously good.

• Like 1

Was waiting for me when I got home for lunch just now.

Milw18Wrench.jpg

I don't have the aluminum but I have been pretty satisfied with my Milwaukee pipe wrench. Is that the only Milwaukee pipe wrench you have?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kruton said:

I don't have the aluminum but I have been pretty satisfied with my Milwaukee pipe wrench. Is that the only Milwaukee pipe wrench you have?

Good to hear. Yes, and also the first aluminum one. Don't use them much, other than for the occasional threaded conduit. Have mostly old Ridgids.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bremon said:

How does it compare to ridgid sparky?

No idea as yet. Looks pretty nice. I'm no pipe wrench expert, by any means. 2-1/2" capacity for an 18" seems pretty good, as is it only weighing like 3.5 pounds.

• Like 1

I actually have no pipe wrenches currently myself. Been going back and forth between ridgid aluminum and the Milwaukee cheater. Cheater seems sort of gimmicky but stores compactly at least. The Ridgid is USA made though. Tough call. No money for that though this month, I'll be ordering a DCN660, an M18 floodlight and the Dewalt USB port within the next 24 hours. I'm disappointed that the USB only outputs 1.5 amp, but it is nice that it has two ports. Two devices at .75 amp is typical Dewalt though, even their USB chargers are slow as hell :P

• Like 1