What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

IMG_20161003_185315418

Bought these both for total of $84.xx

They are the 10" pliers wrench for anyone wondering

I bought them during the ebay sales day, thought I might as well pull the trigger, good of time as any right now. 

SOMEone here just bought a Milwaukee SDS MAX and I'm waiting to see it posted here LOL

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Bremon said:

Lol yes that SDS Max is no joke $ wise. Knipex is awesome, you'll love it. Try out comfort grip on your next knipex purchase, so nice, and I would argue more durable (sounds ridiculous, I know). 

I have no doubt the comfort grip is very nice, but apparently my memory still hearkens back to my days in the auto shop, where any tool with a rubber grip was so filthy in grease and oil, i just ended up pulling the handle piece off and using the bare metal instead, because it cleans up WAY easier... now I still need to get in that mindset that it's not going to affect me the same way in my current career, i disliked it so much the memory still sticks with me LOL!!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I have no doubt the comfort grip is very nice, but apparently my memory still hearkens back to my days in the auto shop, where any tool with a rubber grip was so filthy in grease and oil, i just ended up pulling the handle piece off and using the bare metal instead, because it cleans up WAY easier... now I still need to get in that mindset that it's not going to affect me the same way in my current career, i disliked it so much the memory still sticks with me LOL!!!

Totally different ball game with these handles. They are more durable than the plastidip looking ones and they clean up easy.

Nice haul Jimbo! How do you like the M12 spotlight?

Ordered the XR planer DCP580 20 minutes ago. Should be here by week's end (along with my new truewerk gear, framing nailer and tough boxes: 60-70 hour weeks are paying for toys lol). 

Great build quality, plenty bright, I love the seperate mode button as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Forum has something weird where it will put random quotes in the reply box on mobile and you can't delete them.

It always appears to be 77Ford, probably tagging the first alphabetical name on the member list. I'm going to create a fake account to see if the spamming of 77Ford will stop.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bremon said:

Totally different ball game with these handles. They are more durable than the plastidip looking ones and they clean up easy.

I really like the comfort grip too but there are three exceptions; alligator, cobra and pliers wrench. Alligator's regular grip is just awesome, I wish their regular grip was like this. The other reason that applies to all three is the thickness, at times you'd almost have to have both types of grips to use the tool...that's why I have two pairs of Alligator 250mm pliers.

For the cutters, comfort grip is an absolute pleasure to use and I agree, it's plenty durable and easy to clean.