What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

2 hours ago, plumbfitter said:

Thats what i'll be using it for. Cleaning up after cutting open walls to get at pipes and what not.

That m12 vac is loud but it works well for the light small stuff.I too, used it for cutting open walls for pipe modifications. I haven't drained a battery to see run time because again, just for small cleanup. Once I got the M18 vacuum, i basically stopped using the m12 because of the superior suction power on the 18v

Plus i can suck up small holesaw plugs LOL

-

So what's the schedule for this? Will it have another price reduction after a certain time frame?

No schedule that I am aware of.....more or less shocked [emoji15] HD has lowered the price already. Just want to keep a keen eyes [emoji102] on it.

I realized I have a 5% HD coupon and Menards 11% rebate is going on......Brings the Miter Saw down to $592 before tax [emoji106]

If I can use a HF 20% coupon......down to $495. [emoji16]

Tough Tool Reviews on Instragram
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 77Ford said:

No schedule that I am aware of.....more or less shocked emoji15.png HD has lowered the price already. Just want to keep a keen eyes emoji102.png on it.

I realized I have a 5% HD coupon and Menards 11% rebate is going on......Brings the Miter Saw down to $592 before tax emoji106.png

If I can use a HF 20% coupon......down to $495. emoji16.png

I would certainly buy one if I could get it at one of those prices... although it would mean another battery system...

• Like 1

I would certainly buy one if I could get it at one of those prices... although it would mean another battery system...

9eb517eed3e7c4a899b4e57699d7c4d0.jpg

Just did......[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just have to mail in my rebate for $55 back

• Like 5

On 10/25/2016 at 4:42 PM, pancing said:

Wew new stuff from metabo this past week and a pinner from chrisk wew

1477428092439-2107654259.jpg

Hey @pancing, just received my new grinder too! Quick question, when you get the chance would you mind checking out the way your safety guard works?

I'm noticing that I don't have to lift the guard lever to change position of the guard in one direction, it just spins and clicks from setting to setting. Rotating in the other direction requires lifting lever.

Not sure if it's by design, or something is up.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Hey @pancing, just received my new grinder too! Quick question, when you get the chance would you mind checking out the way your safety guard works?

I'm noticing that I don't have to lift the guard lever to change position of the guard in one direction, it just spins and clicks from setting to setting. Rotating in the other direction requires lifting lever.

Not sure if it's by design, or something is up.

Thanks

Did you get the brushed version if so the guard should lock once it gets to a point. Once you first put it in it should spin until it locks but once it locks you have to use the lever to move it again. If you have the brushless then i dont know because ive only used it and havent messed with the guard on that.

4 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Thanks, it's the brushless. Will have to give Metabo a shout Monday.

Actually wait, i think you're right, Mine does move without the lever clockwise but when trying to move counter clockwise you need the lever, wth i never noticed that before, I usually have the guard in one position and never move it huh, glad you pointed that out, thats interesting

• Like 1

I have to blame 77Ford for this one. Went to the local HD and asked if they would honor the HF 20% off and after it getting kicked up to the assistant manager and me being able to 'cough' honestly state that I could show that another store had already honored it for the same item, she reluctantly agreed to do so. So now I too have one of those flex um whatchamacallits, and my tool budget really is shot for the next few months... :D

I almost feel bad about it. uhm yeah, really...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JMG said:

I have to blame 77Ford for this one. Went to the local HD and asked if they would honor the HF 20% off and after it getting kicked up to the assistant manager and me being able to 'cough' honestly state that I could show that another store had already honored it for the same item, she reluctantly agreed to do so. So now I too have one of those flex um whatchamacallits, and my tool budget really is shot for the next few months... :D

I almost feel bad about it. uhm yeah, really...

Lol don't they have to honor it because if you call and bitch to corporate they'll get a nasty call/email from someone above them about how they have to honor this or make you happy. Just keep in mind they have a system to make you happy, Cashiers can do 50$ Managers 100$ assistant managers 500$ Store manager 1000$ Lowes adopted this policy as well! Don't let them know you know this obviously but use it to your advantage SPARINGLY!

• Like 2

Lol don't they have to honor it because if you call and bitch to corporate they'll get a nasty call/email from someone above them about how they have to honor this or make you happy. Just keep in mind they have a system to make you happy, Cashiers can do 50$ Managers 100$ assistant managers 500$ Store manager 1000$ Lowes adopted this policy as well! Don't let them know you know this obviously but use it to your advantage SPARINGLY!

Both HD and Lowe's has this policy.....yet no employees seem to be aware of it or care to use it. Was in Lowe's asking if the would price match Murdoch's on the DeWalt 7 1/2 inch cordless Miter saw. She agreed until I inquired about the additional 10% off. She said no so I said I will just buy from Murdoch's then. I have ran into "Reasons" and "Excuses" from management and employees 9 times out of 10. [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30] (rant over) [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

54 minutes ago, 77Ford said:

Both HD and Lowe's has this policy.....yet no employees seem to be aware of it or care to use it. Was in Lowe's asking if the would price match Murdoch's on the DeWalt 7 1/2 inch cordless Miter saw. She agreed until I inquired about the additional 10% off. She said no so I said I will just buy from Murdoch's then. I have ran into "Reasons" and "Excuses" from management and employees 9 times out of 10. emoji30.pngemoji30.pngemoji30.png (rant over) emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji41.pngemoji41.pngemoji41.pngemoji41.png

Yeah, usually have to go to a manager employees usually dont know or don't care, they just work there, just keep trying till you get someone that says yes. When you run into this day in day out, you're either in the mood to say yes or not, 90% of the time someone else will buy it anyway so its usually not a loss. Just have to find someone that cares lol

• Like 2

I couldn't get the metabo mitersaw this cheap or AT ALL so this will have to suffice! Have at thee ridgid! There was once a time where I saw stacks upon stacks upon stacks of returned, defective ridgid batteries as a repair tech for HD I vowed never to buy a Ridgid anything yet here i am with their miter saw and cordless sander, guess they fixed heat/wire issue they had with the el-cheapo 3.0's on the 4.0's and 5.0's!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mig said:

Home Depot didn't want to price match my ridgid miter saw. Said I had to return it and buy a new one. They didn't have any left in stock. So I settled for an upgrade.
3988193dfb25a78c76c3c788f83d0ac1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nice! thats pretty :D If I wasn't such a tight ass about finding tool deals and only buying when they're on clearance or special I'd have everything I want lol!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Nice! If I didn't think my corded scms was sufficient, I'd be all over that!

Eh well i really, really need a miter saw. I cannot cut straight lines on a circular for the life of me without a level or a fence. Corded ones are around 150 ish anyway well the sliding 7 1/4 ones at least so i figured i may as well get a cordless one because of its weight!  When they said this thing was light i didn't think it would be this light lol.

• Like 1