What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I too am a sucker for lights, 20% off eBay purchase for the stick light

31065362816_89a0c836e7_b.jpg  

Other things got at HD.... 2 for 1 tape measures, 2 graduated torpedo levels to try out, measure wheel...

I also love Milwaukee levels. I got this one a while back on a deal. I never knew that Milwaukee made that measuring wheel that is so awesome great score!!
7157e61851f62e4db06b3e973700e13f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is not a buy, but a win! I was 1 of the 3 very very fortunate individuals to win the Metabo flat head angle grinder! This is my very first contest/tool win on this forum ever (actually my very first power tool win in my life)!! I'm going through some rough times & this win is by far the best thing that could of ever happened to me & get me thinking positive again! Thanks again to Metabo, the Tools In Action team & all of you on here & in this community! #tiacrew

Sorry the pics are crap, I'll take better ones tomorrow and pics. I have a cool video!

e0fb9029b649da0d19ae36f23146be52.jpg
b02f80ae0cddbd27264616e9a37ed7b7.jpg
dfe5e619cfef2994753576440ce692cc.jpg
ab1e0ad97d5cd91b4dc3b034e346eb96.jpg
834d93ba3c191e170af22feef28df8cc.jpg
a682fdc981fbb333134efa5829b6c32c.jpg
09947247a3d5dc0b02ebc92e0cbc10c5.jpg
90934e97101ebae50cf2bd984bf4af72.jpg
5a3c56b36d0d040eef3645e8c1721472.jpg
96b94f9946abf497a8e89e4dffa5e69b.jpg
06639986051006c343c83d44084f15b7.jpg

Those flat heads are really sweet, congrats dude metabo are one of the est grinders on the marker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I saw these the other day, how is it?

It's actually a pretty solid light. Nice and bright but not crazy for only 160 lumens. It just feels like a solid light, I'm going to go get a couple more just to have around.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

I also love Milwaukee levels. I got this one a while back on a deal. I never knew that Milwaukee made that measuring wheel that is so awesome great score!!
7157e61851f62e4db06b3e973700e13f.jpg

I got the plumber's version of that level you're holding, never really liked it, this new one is just 6" long and a beauty!

Here's the old one I never liked: it tried to be too many things at once

Bought 18 Wera screwdrivers today; 6 chisel drivers and a dozen of the green laser tip. Quite pleased. The supplier even had the Hole Dozer kit I picked up earlier in the week cheaper than the big orange box, so I swapped them out. $60 CAD for 15 piece kit, best deal I've seen around here. I was soo close to buying a 2755B but I'll wait until next Friday to see what's happening. Ran out of shopping time today so the NWS pickup needs to wait until next weekend as well!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

So this is not a buy, but a win! I was 1 of the 3 very very fortunate individuals to win the Metabo flat head angle grinder! This is my very first contest/tool win on this forum ever (actually my very first power tool win in my life)!! I'm going through some rough times & this win is by far the best thing that could of ever happened to me & get me thinking positive again! Thanks again to Metabo, the Tools In Action team & all of you on here & in this community! #tiacrew

Sorry the pics are crap, I'll take better ones tomorrow and pics. I have a cool video!

e0fb9029b649da0d19ae36f23146be52.jpg
b02f80ae0cddbd27264616e9a37ed7b7.jpg
dfe5e619cfef2994753576440ce692cc.jpg
ab1e0ad97d5cd91b4dc3b034e346eb96.jpg
834d93ba3c191e170af22feef28df8cc.jpg
a682fdc981fbb333134efa5829b6c32c.jpg
09947247a3d5dc0b02ebc92e0cbc10c5.jpg
90934e97101ebae50cf2bd984bf4af72.jpg
5a3c56b36d0d040eef3645e8c1721472.jpg
96b94f9946abf497a8e89e4dffa5e69b.jpg
06639986051006c343c83d44084f15b7.jpg

Awesome! How did it arrive? I haven't gotten mine yet.

• Like 1

Awesome! How did it arrive? I haven't gotten mine yet.

Hey dude congrats to you as well. it came in a brand-new and very nicely packed brown box. They even taped every single seem and doubled up with brown fiberglass tape. The green case was sandwiched between three sheets of hard cardboard and packing. one of the best pack jobs I've got from a shipment tool ever!! Mine actually said that it shipped from West Chester Pennsylvania, so I'm not sure if it came from the US or was shipped to Westchester and then to me.

Since you didn't get yours yet I'm not gonna tell you but it came with a few extra little cool goodies as well.

Who else was the other winner? they were sending out two or three different grinders so we all may get different ones

• Like 1

1 minute ago, olletsocmit said:

Hey dude congrats to you as well. it came in a brand-new and very nicely packed brown box. They even taped every single seem and doubled up with brown fiberglass tape. The green case was sandwiched between three sheets of hard cardboard and packing. one of the best pack jobs I've got from a shipment tool ever!! Mine actually said that it shipped from West Chester Pennsylvania, so I'm not sure if it came from the US or was shipped to Westchester and then to me.

Since you didn't get yours yet I'm not gonna tell you but it came with a few extra little cool goodies as well.

Who else was the other winner? they were sending out two or three different grinders so we all may get different ones

there were 2 different ones. did it come ups, fedex, or usps?

sweet on the extras! knowing that I wont get it until after thanksgiving! lol

I'm waiting on mine too guys! looks like I have a UPS package coming Monday from West Chester, PA. 14.6 lbs.

Wonder what it could be?

Ha ha Yep that's exactly it it's going to be there early to. Please share with us your pictures on Monday so we can see which one you got. I just found out that the one I got is worth over $700 holy cow guys this is probably one of the greatest #tiacrew giveaways ever. I hate seeing when people win giveaways and then two days later the items for sale. I just find that very not cool. I just noticed it on a different form I'm on. I did a bunch of grinding with mine today and cutting ...just breaking this bad boy in!

I also just used the red sanding pad it came with and run it down the length of a 2 x 4 and honestly it's almost 100% perfect rounded edge. this thing is super super easy to control wow! I bought a corded one at Harbor freight three years back for 25 bucks and that thing almost spins out of my hand you can literally to Percision work with this thing and it's crazy powerful. holy crap Metabo Is amazing

• Like 5

17 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

........ I hate seeing when people win giveaways and then two days later the items for sale. I just find that very not cool. I just noticed it on a different form I'm on.....

So true, man, I hate seeing that too. If I want to unload an item I won because I end up not using it, I'll give it away too, not sell it!

• Like 2

Although I get your point, if I end up with the same Metabo grinder that I just bought, you can bet one of them will be sold. 

I just bought both a corded and a cordless Metabo of the same size, and certainly don't need three. I also can't afford to just give away hundred's of dollars.

Just my opinion.

17 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

Ha ha Yep that's exactly it it's going to be there early to. Please share with us your pictures on Monday so we can see which one you got. I just found out that the one I got is worth over $700 holy cow guys this is probably one of the greatest #tiacrew giveaways ever. I hate seeing when people win giveaways and then two days later the items for sale. I just find that very not cool. I just noticed it on a different form I'm on. I did a bunch of grinding with mine today and cutting ...just breaking this bad boy in!

I also just used the red sanding pad it came with and run it down the length of a 2 x 4 and honestly it's almost 100% perfect rounded edge. this thing is super super easy to control wow! I bought a corded one at Harbor freight three years back for 25 bucks and that thing almost spins out of my hand you can literally to Percision work with this thing and it's crazy powerful. holy crap Metabo Is amazing

giphy.gif

And that's even one of the older models. I need that style but I am holding out for a brushless version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildroamer said:

Although I get your point, if I end up with the same Metabo grinder that I just bought, you can bet one of them will be sold. 

I just bought both a corded and a cordless Metabo of the same size, and certainly don't need three. I also can't afford to just give away hundred's of dollars.

Just my opinion.

It's a valid point, with good intentions, and I guess two people can end up for the better, one to buy it at a lower price, and the other to get a little in return....

• Like 1

I think it's something like this that really grinds my gears though....

You know where this came from, someone already taking advantage of it....

$220 for this

NEW Festool 201234 "PRO 5 LTD" ETS 125 REQ Random Orbital Sander + $50 Rebate

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Festool-201234-PRO-5-LTD-ETS-125-REQ-Random-Orbital-Sander-50-Rebate-/172394879015?hash=item2823891827:g:1SUAAOSw4GVYGPDr

• Like 2

Yeah, I get it. Then again, Everyone had the same opportunity to get this deal, so I don't have a problem with someone making a little profit on a great buy. People make a living buying stuff cheap and selling it online.

Festool could certainly have put a limit on purchases per person or household if they wanted to.

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I think it's something like this that really grinds my gears though....

You know where this came from, someone already taking advantage of it....

$220 for this

NEW Festool 201234 "PRO 5 LTD" ETS 125 REQ Random Orbital Sander + $50 Rebate

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Festool-201234-PRO-5-LTD-ETS-125-REQ-Random-Orbital-Sander-50-Rebate-/172394879015?hash=item2823891827:g:1SUAAOSw4GVYGPDr

at least it wasn't stolen lol

• Like 3