What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

16 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I picked up the Ridgid R4221 miter saw and the big 18510 shop vac that wasn't listed in the ad, but was marked down to $99. Also picked up the $40 shop vac for my BIL.

I'm a big fan of the Ridgid vacs. After 10 years, my previous model is worn out. Brushes are shot. It's still going (used it yesterday) but I expect it to catch on fire each time I use it.

The miter saw, well..... it's not bad for a $300 saw, but my initial impression is not overly optimistic.  

I would say I had the Ridgid 10" miter for a few years and I didn't have blade wobble with mine but from day one, I did not realize at first, my fence was NOT square to the table or the blade. I blame it on inexperience at the time but when the experience came the saw went.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

Mrs. Conductor bought lots of shit. We fill up her car every year, but this year was the worst yet. She rode home with a shop vac on her lap and I literally had to stuff the last couple of bags in the window ?

IMG_6659.JPG

IMG_6660.JPG

IMG_6661.JPG

Now that's a shopping trip - congrats

27 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

Mrs. Conductor bought lots of shit. We fill up her car every year, but this year was the worst yet. She rode home with a shop vac on her lap and I literally had to stuff the last couple of bags in the window ?

I think it's time for a larger vehicle, haha

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

IMG_6659.JPG

IMG_6660.JPG

IMG_6661.JPG

you guys know you can shop on other days right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, comp56 said:

you guys know you can shop on other days right?

Mrs. Conductor is a big Black Friday fan. I guess it's the thrill of the hunt or something, but she loves to go all out. It's a pain in the ass fighting the crowds, but she gets great deals.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I don't mean to sound overly negative. I decided to roll with it and I expect it to be sufficient for my use. Even with its faults I suspect it will be a good saw at its price, but I don't know how well it would hold up on a job site over time. 

I'm not making a living with it and don't need perfection, but if I did, I'd be looking elsewhere. 

Its not a problem at all. I was just curious what issues you had and they ended up being similar to mine. I'm also in the same boat where I won't be making a living off of this saw and it's mainly DIY/woodworking hobby saw which should hold up good. I appreciate the feedback. 

25 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

Mrs. Conductor is a big Black Friday fan. I guess it's the thrill of the hunt or something, but she loves to go all out. It's a pain in the ass fighting the crowds, but she gets great deals.  

yes in Canada we just recently started the black Friday thing for sales, our big sale day is Boxing day which makes no sense considering it is the day after christmas....but same thing I took the kids when they were younger, I waited in line with my youngest daughter for almost an hour and a half so she could get some kind of doll....I even offered a guy twice what he paid when he walked by me with one cause there was still about 75 people in front of us.....so ya kids these days only want gift cards so they can bugger off 5 AM boxing day to buy what they want.......what the hell happen to Christmas?.....I don't have to deal with this any more as my kids are all grown up now so if they want to go have at her........not my cup of coffee.....lol

• Like 1

This is what i got on black friday not much but all the stuff was needed lol i have broke about half of my other milwaukee 1/4hex set and heard about the 19 piece set for $20 and regular was $40 and the three makita 9.6v nicad batteries i have been watching for a while and they went down to $23 a piece and used to be $32 and they work amazing i used them in one of my drills and a jigsaw and also i got the proto ratchet at a pawn shop for $3.00 needs to be rebuilt missing forward/reverse switch :) have a good one 

DSCF8277.JPG

DSCF8278.JPG

DSCF8279.JPG

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

Excellent way to use $210 of gift cards. 929cf66f4b99d1a963bfef27097fc405.jpg

Huh never put two and two together but I just saw this on your Instagram, Travis Collins is it? Big fan of your dust deputy setup.

Sweet cordless biscuit joiner too, forgot they that!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Wow, good on her, my wife finds good deals throughout the year, buying birthday and Christmas gifts long before they are needed, but I would have to drag her out of bed to get this serious on black Friday!!?

• Like 3

I love black Friday and the Saturday after. All the people are down town so I get the highway and back roads all to myself. Didn't see a single car on the roads when I did commodity deliveries this morning until about noon when people started to wake up.

Sounds like in your line of work it's even better! I like going into the open supply stores and not waiting forever cause every other contractor in town is still hungover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

Yes sir. That is me. I follow along with your posts too. I am Bricoleur_Design_Jax on IG.

I'm new on here but also recognized the post! Love your Mak pac systainer compressor setup! If I did some carpentry I'd definitely try that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro