What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

4 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

Nice $900 is a serious chunk of change to save! I run my set up into my Synology server.
4106caa72a5371edf6aec992e077ab22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also run a synology. A DS413 with 4x 3TB WD Red. It's nearly full now. Might get another one. It's been a flawless unit.

In other news, today I ordered a 3/8" M12 ratchet with 2.0 starter kit tossed in. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SevenOddosFence said:

Very nice - if you don't mind me asking where did you get it and did you get a good deal ? I'm looking for new pc monitor myself. 

best buy $249 from $399 little pricey but PC monitors over 24" are... I was using a 32" LED TV but there is no comparison

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bremon said:

I also run a synology. A DS413 with 4x 3TB WD Red. It's nearly full now. Might get another one. It's been a flawless unit.

In other news, today I ordered a 3/8" M12 ratchet with 2.0 starter kit tossed in. 

what is the difference between red and black all my big storage drives are black

what is the difference between red and black all my big storage drives are black

Black is the high performance line. They're faster, run hotter and consume more power. Red is the NAS line that is slower but designed to run 24x7 in a NAS with lots of other drives. It has better error correction and runs cooler so that when you have 8 spinning next to each other, they don't cook themselves.

By the way, say hello to 64TB of magnetic storage, never have to delete anything nirvana.

045c075e2daf1b02b48ac3a0eb02e037.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah blacks are 7200 rpm. I wouldn't run them in a NAS, more of a frequent demand type drive, with more heat.

Black would be something I'd dump frequently accessed stuff on in a desktop build. Good speed, without the premium price of solid state.

64 TB?!?!?! Mother of God, I thought I was living the good life with 12 hahaha. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, khariV said:

Black is the high performance line. They're faster, run hotter and consume more power. Red is the NAS line that is slower but designed to run 24x7 in a NAS with lots of other drives. It has better error correction and runs cooler so that when you have 8 spinning next to each other, they don't cook themselves.

By the way, say hello to 64TB of magnetic storage, never have to delete anything nirvana.

045c075e2daf1b02b48ac3a0eb02e037.jpg

damn my little 6TB drive feels so inadequate now.....almost like a floppy drive......lol

On 11/27/2016 at 10:00 PM, jeffmcmillan said:

Just check the centering of tips on those.  I've had some with the tip about two thirds of the way to one side which means pretty oversized nasty holes.  That's not a problem if you can re-grind them and don't need precision holes, or for that price get two sets and trash the bad bits.

I'm not too worried about these, they'll probably see way more time in wood than in metal. Plus, for ten bucks I don't expect them to blow me away. If they drill decent and don't break I can always regrind them when they wear out.

Present for my shop........(thanks to wife's Work) 

a Jura Impressa F8 Coffee machine,  this is not your everyday coffee machine... you could buy a truck load of Keurigs for the price of this puppy...... 

20161130_161637.jpg

20161130_161653 (1).jpg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, comp56 said:

Present for my shop........(thanks to wife's Work) 

a Jura Impressa F8 Coffee machine,  this is not your everyday coffee machine... you could buy a truck load of Keurigs for the price of this puppy...... 

20161130_161637.jpg

20161130_161653 (1).jpg

I don't drink coffee, but that looks like a damn fine coffee pot ?

• Like 1