What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Present for my shop........(thanks to wife's Work) 

a Jura Impressa F8 Coffee machine,  this is not your everyday coffee machine... you could buy a truck load of Keurigs for the price of this puppy...... 

20161130_161637.jpg

20161130_161653 (1).jpg

So I've gotta know what kind of coffee you brew that thing?! You could buy a shit load of Folgers for that kind of money!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Finally getting around to posting my black Friday purchases. I know it's a couple of days late, but it is the first day off since that day. Lowe's had the DWS7491RS table saw for $499 and the DWS780 miter saw with DWX723 miter saw stand combo for $599. I know they offer the latter several times a year, but that is pretty much the best price I have seen it at. Throw in the local store giving me the 10% military discount (I didn't think it would apply to black Friday deals) and it came in under $1000 before taxes.

Black Friday 2016 3.jpg

The DW744 and DW718 they replace will be donated to the local Habitat for Humanity. The DWS780 will be bolted to the same bench the DW718 was and the stand will be used with my DCS361 for most of the portable work I might need to do. The rest came from the nearby Home Depot, nothing special on the blade prices, but the two saw will probably never see their DeWALT blades cut a board, but I will probably keep them around just in case I ever need to cut some treated lumber. The hole saw kit and Klein kits were black Friday deals and $40 and $50 respectively (Home Depot is where I got that Impression you can't apply black Friday and military discounts together).

I had it in my head that if the table saw dropped below $500 or the miter saw combo was it's usual $599, I would buy them. I just wasn't expecting them both to happen. Throw in the unexpected discount and I am a very happy camper.

• Like 9

Finally getting around to posting my black Friday purchases. I know it's a couple of days late, but it is the first day off since that day. Lowe's had the DWS7491RS table saw for $499 and the DWS780 miter saw with DWX723 miter saw stand combo for $599. I know they offer the latter several times a year, but that is pretty much the best price I have seen it at. Throw in the local store giving me the 10% military discount (I didn't think it would apply to black Friday deals) and it came in under $1000 before taxes.

Black Friday 2016 3.jpg

The DW744 and DW718 they replace will be donated to the local Habitat for Humanity. The DWS780 will be bolted to the same bench the DW718 was and the stand will be used with my DCS361 for most of the portable work I might need to do. The rest came from the nearby Home Depot, nothing special on the blade prices, but the two saw will probably never see their DeWALT blades cut a board, but I will probably keep them around just in case I ever need to cut some treated lumber. The hole saw kit and Klein kits were black Friday deals and $40 and $50 respectively (Home Depot is where I got that Impression you can't apply black Friday and military discounts together).

I had it in my head that if the table saw dropped below $500 or the miter saw combo was it's usual $599, I would buy them. I just wasn't expecting them both to happen. Throw in the unexpected discount and I am a very happy camper.

For $599, why didn't you just get the new DeWalt 12" 790 FlexVolt miter saw? Is the same price and can go cordless/corded. It has updated dust collection and a better motor with blade brake. No free stand but you have one. If you didn't want the cordless, sell the batteries and charger for $250 and run the saw corded.
  • Like 2

Just now, The.Handyman said:

For $599, why didn't you just get the new DeWalt 12" 790 FlexVolt miter saw? Is the same price and can go cordless/corded. It has updated dust collection and a better motor with blade brake. No free stand but you have one. If you didn't want the cordless, sell the batteries and charger for $250 and run the saw corded.

The 780 will stay in the basement shop 99% of the time. I know the opportunity to pick up a 790 was there, but I have the DCS361 that I will use in conjunction with the stand. Which to put it in perspective the saw and stand will weigh the same as the 790 alone and do 90% or more of the portable work I foresee myself doing. I have found that bigger is not always better. A perfect example of that is I own an old DCD950 18 volt hammer drill, state of the art from ten years ago, but I probably won't be replacing it any time soon because almost every time I need to drill something, it is less than 3/8" and out comes the Wounded Warrior 12V MAX drill. It is small, light and gets the job done. I still have the beast in the arsenal, but it is saved for especially tough projects like drilling into 50 year old concrete.  

• Like 1

No $2300 coffee maker but I picked up some goodies:

Couldn't resist for $20, but still may return. A couple of the slotted screwdrivers are crooked:

Q5azQQb.jpg

Was talked into these by the crew, used some store credit:

Jhf4tfz.jpg

Couldn't resist the Dremel stuff for $10, wanted to try some Diablo discs:

NhKpnVU.jpg

Amazon warehouse plus credit card reward points equals a Gearwrench 3/8 Impact master set, FINALLY!

fQXyiod.jpg

Gifts from Sears:

Dc0ZXxp.jpg

• Like 6

After my issue with the Ridgid R4221, I returned it today. Lady says "Is it broken?" I said "Not particularly". "Why are returning it?". I said "Honestly, I'm just not happy with it". She says "Why?" I said  "well, it's a piece of shit". No further questions.

I ended up buying the DWS780 and the DWX726 rolling stand. I seriously considered the Bosch axial glide, but I'll never use it up against a wall to realize the real benefit of it and the extra $100 for the stand seemed needless. I also liked the Milwaukee 6955, but I would have had to order it online because the don't stock it at my store. 

I'm very pleased with the 780. The XPS is dead on and I like it much better than a laser, but it will mostly be used in well lit areas, so that wasn't a deal maker. I was very close to going with the 709, but I couldn't get passed not being able to cut a 45 in 12" lumber. Miter was dead on out of the box. Bevels were a degree or 2 off. I set the 45's, but I haven't done the others yet.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

Couldn't resist for $20, but still may return. A couple of the slotted screwdrivers are crooked:

Q5azQQb.jpg

Jhf4tfz.jpg

NhKpnVU.jpg

Amazon warehouse plus credit card reward points equals a Gearwrench 3/8 Impact master set, FINALLY!

fQXyiod.jpg

Gifts from Sears:

Dc0ZXxp.jpg

haha don't kid yourself I would never pay $2300 for a coffee maker wife won it at work......

btw I got the same dremel accessory kit......

1 minute ago, Conductor562 said:

After my issue with the Ridgid R4221, I returned it today. Lady says "Is it broken?" I said "Not particularly". "Why are returning it?". I said "Honestly, I'm just not happy with it". She says "Why?" I said  "well, it's a piece of shit". No further questions.

I ended up buying the DWS780 and the DWX726 rolling stand. I seriously considered the Bosch axial glide, but I'll never use it up against a wall to realize the real benefit of it and the extra $100 for the stand seemed needless. I also liked the Milwaukee 6955, but I would have had to order it online because the don't stock it at my store. 

I'm very pleased with the 780. The XPS is dead on and I like it much better than a laser, but it will mostly be used in well lit areas, so that wasn't a deal maker. I was very close to going with the 709, but I couldn't get passed not being able to cut a 45 in 12" lumber. Miter was dead on out of the box. Bevels were a degree or 2 off. I set the 45's, but I haven't done the others yet.

awesome dude, nothing worse than having a tool of any kind and not being happy with it.......

27 minutes ago, comp56 said:

haha don't kid yourself I would never pay $2300 for a coffee maker wife won it at work......

btw I got the same dremel accessory kit......

I know but it's still a jaw dropping post man, mine wasn't comparable. Though it still brought the similar joy of getting new grown-up toys. :)

1 minute ago, BMack37 said:

I know but it's still a jaw dropping post man, mine wasn't comparable. Though it still brought the similar joy of getting new grown-up toys. :)

I know right, I get just as excited bringing home a new tape measure as I do getting a new table saw.......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Q5azQQb.jpg

Jhf4tfz.jpg

NhKpnVU.jpg

fQXyiod.jpg

Gifts from Sears:

Dc0ZXxp.jpg

BMack, I gotta ask. Where do you keep all these tools? Because you have a truckload. Lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeyB said:

BMack, I gotta ask. Where do you keep all these tools? Because you have a truckload. Lol 

haha, umm garage, work(work bench and some at my work desk), car, home office(planning a home electronics specific work bench). I have to admit, I'm running out of places to store pliers but Sears keeps giving me points and I like Knipex. I've run out of places to put screwdrivers, the Kobalts are still in the box leaning on a wall, haha.

• Like 2