What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

37 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Block plane is the bees knees bro. I ended up getting a Lie Nielsen low angle adjustable mouth block plane....

https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/block-planes/adjustable-mouth-block-planes-?node=4072

the tools is awesome. I actually use that all of the time and you can get a Stanley block plane on eBay for $20 easily with only a little tuning up needed. Honestly, the block plane should be right up there if your going to try your hand with these.

now that's a sexy plane I cant afford. lol. I have a kobalt block plane ive had for a year and want to upgrade. its never been great but then again I don't think I took the time to really learn how to dial it in.

740128ca296a2905956943b1986a172f.jpg

Yea baby! The zyklop love continues, screaming deal on eBay for only 45 bucks for the 1/2", took advantage of the fuel sale on Amazon for 65, I will be converting this to a 1/4" impact wrench, why 1/4" and not 3/8" ?? I want it for smaller stuff maybe I should do both [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Proto stuff is cool they are ratcheting adapters for sockets for use with combo wrenches or even a da da da a plier wrench, they were cool couldn't pass on them even though they're tawainese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

On 1/10/2017 at 4:25 PM, Rutter said:

I bought some more Milwaukee gear! Milwaukee sent me the radio

i got a Milwaukee onekey impact 

1.5 ah battery 

the new speaker 

and the 30 inch tool chest!

IMG_2564.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG

How's the radio? I am really wanting to get one just wanting to hear some more good things about it before I do!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kale said:

How's the radio? I am really wanting to get one just wanting to hear some more good things about it before I do!! 

It's just a bluetooth speaker, not a radio. I really like it, but others have said they find it lacks bass. When you're using power tools in the same room with it I'm not sure why bass would even matter, you're probably going to miss parts of your playlist anyway. If you want complete control over the way you want your music to sound then you are better off getting an actual sound system.

These finally came in from Acme Tools. The multimeter seems nice I just need to figure it out because I've never owned one before. The fish tape is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I also got a bag of cable ties but they're not interesting. Now I'm just waiting on my tool pouch.

777a9570dffbf6106198b0ea77f65441.jpg

d0ecf42d3b779d181fb128348b44fb57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SevenOddosFence said:

One of the best deals I ever got at Lowes today - ( 2 ) of these 26" Troy bilt snowblower both brand new but need work but $180 for both out the door 

IMG_0724.PNG

Nice, your on ice.

ha ha maybe that joke was to far.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Good to know. I was wondering how they compared.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Knipex linesman I have has a bit stubby of a nose, cutters are comparable. Knipex has sharper teeth but they're damn close, even the grip...If I was blindfolded (and gedore didn't have the bumps on the side) I don't think I could tell you which was which.

LVBZzdw.jpg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Got my other plane today. Record no 4 plane,ade in England. Will have to find the time to refurbish this one. Really not in bad shape. e02d52b5ea0c679dbfed1a6a28d86ac0.jpg
1c5dd0f4e0be1ac633f6bf2b1d8e5881.jpg
288f71819b0ad83ff53c577446dcc148.jpg

Nice! I've got two bids in for a couple of No 14 Millers Falls bench planes for me to get all pretty. This one looks fantastic!

IMG_0127.PNG

Nice! I've got two bids in for a couple of No 14 Millers Falls bench planes for me to get all pretty. This one looks fantastic!

IMG_0127.PNG

I had bid on a Miller's falls equivalent to a no 4 but lost out on it. I got the record for $35 plus s&h. I can see this being a problem. Haha

On 1/11/2017 at 2:57 PM, comp56 said:

set up was easy, even came with spare parts.....lol I hope...lol

20170111_141823.jpg

20170111_145134.jpg

20170111_145146.jpg

You hope those are just spare parts hahaha

I though you had got one of these before? Or was that the backorder you  were referring to?

On 1/11/2017 at 5:14 PM, comp56 said:

little late to the party but I now have a 9.0ah .....step aside bitches....lol

Thanks Milwaukee for the surprise knock on the door..........

20170111_170838.jpg

Nicely done, definitely a boost in power there...

• Like 1