What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

IMG_20170114_092148131.jpg

Received this in a big crate couple days ago. Put it together in fairly short order. Works like a champ, fast cycle time!

IMG_20170114_092201623_HDR.jpg

Yesterday I installed a 4-way wedge. Waiting on a Kat's magnetic block heater to slap under the hydraulic tank. Hope it warms up the AW 46 oil enough for starting on these cccoooolllddd winter days! Probably should have gone with AW 32, but most of my splitting will be done in summer and fall.

• Like 6

da79e0dc15b00b3710328b6fe63cd653.jpg

Final item from my Acme Tools order came in this morning. Dead On Tools Pro Utility Pouch. The only things I'm not liking about it are the Handle because it hangs in the pouch when you have the belt on which is going to interfere with removing tools from the back pockets (it may be getting cut off) and the cell phone pocket. The cell phone pocket is made for either a smaller flip phone or an older candy bar style phone. My iPhone 6+ sure is not fitting in it. The belt is nice and long. I can't wait to get some time in with this pouch to see how it holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

some T-track for a drill press project, a blow gun, 2 1/2" round over bit, some glue bottles, sander sitter (check out my video here )

oh and did you want to see what 5000 kreg screws look like all together.....

20170113_134434.jpg

20170113_134446.jpg

20170114_103338.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

You hope those are just spare parts hahaha

I though you had got one of these before? Or was that the backorder you  were referring to?

yes I ordered it awhile back was thinking just a couple days.....a couple days turned into a week then 2 weeks........then I forgot about it until I got an email saying it was still delayed that is when I decided to just get the current model....

9 hours ago, wildroamer said:

IMG_20170114_092148131.jpg

Received this in a big crate couple days ago. Put it together in fairly short order. Works like a champ, fast cycle time!

IMG_20170114_092201623_HDR.jpg

Yesterday I installed a 4-way wedge. Waiting on a Kat's magnetic block heater to slap under the hydraulic tank. Hope it warms up the AW 46 oil enough for starting on these cccoooolllddd winter days! Probably should have gone with AW 32, but most of my splitting will be done in summer and fall.

Thats a freaking beast man, love it. That 4 way splitter will make your life a whole lot easier.

be sure to post a video of that splitter in action 

• Like 1

I picked up some more Ridgid boxes to day...

IMG_5029.JPG

You are going to love those. I have a set and love them. They have been up and down the east cost in the bed of a truck and always stayed dry.

I'd love to do that, but only have my phone to record with . Might be time to invest in a video camera of some type.

What do you guys use, Go Pro, Digi cam, video recorder?

6th gen ipod touch, 1080p at 30 fps not 6o like my phone but still nice with 32 GB storage, paid 130 for a refurb hard to beat that

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow, your vids done with iPod touch Jimbo? They look great! Good to know!

Used my phone up until a few months but storage sucked could only film in few minute stints limited what I could do, filmed a few with an old iphone and recently my last handful switched to the ipod i bought on ebay, but the 6th gen has the 1080 camera not sure if the 5th gen does

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, comp56 said:

some T-track for a drill press project, a blow gun, 2 1/2" round over bit, some glue bottles, sander sitter (check out my video here )

20170113_134434.jpg

20170113_134446.jpg

20170114_103338.jpg

That box of screws is what it looks like when I put something back together and I still have all those left ? 

• Like 2

20170113_134434.jpg

20170113_134446.jpg

20170114_103338.jpg

What brand is the router bit?