What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I got my Knipex 8" combination pliers last evening! Missed out on the other deals from the beginning of the week though[emoji17].

82eb8e167b891e83b843f3be904499b3.jpg

Also got this to try out. First impressions are that it feels pretty good in the hand(never tried the other southwire ncv testers), and I really like the flashlight. I tested it around the house and didn't get a bad reading yet. We shall see how it hold up compared to the ol' reliable Fluke 1AC-A-II.
2996df610f43b05ecdf35c34d5793abb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8

Had ShopYourWay points expiring and since I've dealt with literally every O2 sensor on my truck in the last three months and now my Mom's car has one that needs to be replaced (lesson learned, I will be replacing them all at once) I picked up a GearWrench 3/8" drive O2 sensor socket and it cost me $0.00.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 7.38.50 PM.png

• Like 5

New 1/2" drill:

IMG_20170118_201452.jpg

For the story on how I chose it, go here: 

In a related question, here's a poll: how do you hold a drill?  My whole life I've gripped the handle with my palm and put my index finger on the trigger, like a gun; but every advertising picture I've seen of people using drills shows the guy with his index finger along the side of the drill body like you'd hold a handsaw, with middle and ring finger on the trigger.  And now a lot of drills, like this one, have rubber grips in that area where these guys are putting their index finger.  What say you?

• Like 3

On 1/16/2017 at 11:57 PM, dwasifar said:

Suddenly I want a new level:

level.png

Actually I was looking at levels, that's how I found this.  But I can't justify why I should want a new one.  I have a perfectly serviceable USA-made Craftsman heavy duty 48" aluminum level, and an American Level 48" model made out of mahogany and brass.  Both of them seem totally accurate, as far as I can tell by casual testing.  The wooden one is a thing of beauty but I rarely use it, because the Craftsman is lighter.

But I might as well ask what kind you guys like.

Been looking at the pick a while and still don't see what your talking about..... (.Y.)

0e7f9a3cf91ae451240c5dbed676b6ab.jpg

Will be looking to try various brands of safety glasses over the next few weeks heard a lot of good about uvex and these have a foam gasket and strap to become goggles or a hybrid goggle if you will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UVEX makes decent safety glasses. I had a pair at one point but have no clue where they went. Are these a new model? I've never seen them before. If they fit the same way my DeWalt Convertors fit you will probably hate them as goggles. I tried it once with my Convertors and just couldn't stand the way they felt on my face.

UVEX makes decent safety glasses. I had a pair at one point but have no clue where they went. Are these a new model? I've never seen them before. If they fit the same way my DeWalt Convertors fit you will probably hate them as goggles. I tried it once with my Convertors and just couldn't stand the way they felt on my face.

So far they feel pretty light and comfortable as glasses, I haven't tried the strap yet, not really a big fan of goggles in general, not sure if they're new or not they were an Amazon lightning deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will be looking to try various brands of safety glasses over the next few weeks heard a lot of good about uvex and these have a foam gasket and strap to become goggles or a hybrid goggle if you will

We use UVEX at work... good glasses light and comfortable . I have a nice pair of UVEX goggles very similar to the DeWALT pair that were floating around here a few weeks ago.
Very nice goggles !!!
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I use them with a strap when I'm drilling overhead into concrete.  They work great and aren't uncomfortable.  They do fog up but what don't lol. 

9 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I'd be interested to hear about anything you try that is available with reader lenses.  I have a pair of Elvex with +2.0 lenses that are pretty much indispensable at this point.

13 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

Been looking at the pick a while and still don't see what your talking about..... (.Y.)

There's a level in the pic? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kale said:

There's a level in the pic? 

Maybe now I see it haha.. levels are definitely a weak spot for me it seems I have too many. But I really love the stabila levels have a digital one and I like those more they are obviously more accurate when I run header pipes on septic tank leach fields it always has to be dead level so I used to use a goldblatt 48" level which I absolutely love but when I went back to check how level it was with a laser it was always a little off so now I use a digital stabila and it is perfect every time. I am a huge Milwaukee fan but there new red sticks just seem way over priced 

• Like 2

good choice. do you have any other witte drivers? I like them a lot but they are limited selections in the US

No, I actually had never heard of Witte before, but saw the name on KC Tools so I figured they were German and higher quality than the others I saw.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

No, I actually had never heard of Witte before, but saw the name on KC Tools so I figured they were German and higher quality than the others I saw.

the handles are a little big but comfortable. here is my go to set that I got. napa brand but made by witte. they occasionally put out coupon codes too. witte still makes this style of driver too.

https://www.handtoolsforless.com/products/8-pc-professional-combination-screwdriver-set

or a larger set.

https://www.handtoolsforless.com/products/16-pc-screwdriver-set-slotted-phillips-made-in-germany