What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Well, my insulated Phillips screwdriver that didn't arrive last Friday and was guaranteed to be here today did not show up (big surprise). I'm on chat with Sears again trying to get this figured out. I ordered a refrigerator from them today which might have been a dumb idea seeing as this screwdriver isn't here, but at least it's actually fulfilled by them and not a third-party.

I don't even need the Phillips, I only ordered it because "might as well have both" was my logic.

----

Update. According to Helen the warehouse confirms it hasn't ship and that it is shipping tomorrow, which is when I will receive tracking. I'm wondering if they're just trying to tell me what I want to hear because they see the fridge order and are worried I'll cancel it.

Edited by jtkendall

Well, today I made a big glaring exception to my general policy of always buying pro tools from pro brands:

Screenshot at 2017-01-24 20-14-31.png

All my life I've done trim the old school way, with a hammer, a box of finishing nails, and a nail setter.  I don't have a lot of occasion to do it, so I've gotten by with that.  But I just did that pocket door project and it would have been really nice to have a nailer, given how flexy a pocket door frame gets when you try to nail into it with a hammer.  And I have three more door-related projects in the pipe, so I decided to go shopping for a nailer, and found this.  Ordinarily I would never buy something at this level, but the reviews overwhelmingly say that it is much better than you'd think for $27.  So I decided to try it.  If it doesn't work well, I'll send it back and get something better.  It arrives tomorrow.

• Like 6

Well, today I made a big glaring exception to my general policy of always buying pro tools from pro brands:

Screenshot at 2017-01-24 20-14-31.png

All my life I've done trim the old school way, with a hammer, a box of finishing nails, and a nail setter.  I don't have a lot of occasion to do it, so I've gotten by with that.  But I just did that pocket door project and it would have been really nice to have a nailer, given how flexy a pocket door frame gets when you try to nail into it with a hammer.  And I have three more door-related projects in the pipe, so I decided to go shopping for a nailer, and found this.  Ordinarily I would never buy something at this level, but the reviews overwhelmingly say that it is much better than you'd think for $27.  So I decided to try it.  If it doesn't work well, I'll send it back and get something better.  It arrives tomorrow.

I've been looking into a few benchtop tools and the WEN items seem to have pretty decent reviews in line with brands like Ridgid, Ryobi, and Porter Cable. Unless you're using it all day every day it will probably do just fine. Will it last as long as one of the better brands? Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up some Ernst racks while checking on my proto order. The 90 tooth is coming in on either tomorrow or the next days shipments. This Homak came today. I got it loaded up how I wanted it so I could reasonably do most basic maintenance tasks. I could do it all with how I set it up...... except lift it. I couldn't even budge it. I got it down to a more manageable 80 or so pounds.

IMG_20170124_222049.jpgIMG_20170124_221107.jpg

• Like 3

bought the two brownings mon (lowes) bought the little gerber yesterday also lowes. dont know why i need so many knives. my wife says i have a fetishIMG_0763.JPGIMG_0772.JPG

I bought that gerber knife, set it down still in the packaging and I have no clue where it went lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Another awesome UPS day :)

Quick release vise for the center island torsion box top upgrade I have coming up, Lie Nielson rabbet block plane, set of Japanese back saws and a small tool only version Milwaukee's 1/4" hex driver.

Have a couple things coming tomorrow and then Christmas is over :(

20170125_145826.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SevenOddosFence said:

Not tools but some swag - the local Milwaukee Rep hooked me up today with some banners to hang In my new shop I take over on Feb 1st - it's just a small 2 Bay shop my son and I will use to restore our two cars

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.PNG

those are awesome

• Like 2